Bellazon

Gabriel Heinze
Thumbnail

JS[SHRIMP]

REAL MADRID: Casillas, Ramos, Cannavaro, Heinze, Marcelo, Sneijder (Torres, 75’), Guti, Gago, Robben, Higuaín (Diarra, 69’) and Raúl (Baptista, 81’).

RCD MALLORCA:.Moyá, Fernando Navarro, Ramis (David Navarro, 27’), Nunes, Héctor (Webo, 79’), Basinas, Varela (Valero, 68’), Ibagaza, Jonás, Arango and Gúiza.

GOALS:

0-1, min. 42. Sneijder

1-1, min. 72. Borja Valero

REFEREE: Arturo Daudén Ibáñez. Booked Fernando Navarro (39’), Heinze (75’), Casillas (84’), and Borja Valero (89’) and sent off Sergio Ramos (46’ & 65’).

NOTES: Matchday 31 of La Liga played at ONO Estadi in Mallorca. Attendance: 20,000.

Player Ratings: Real Mallorca 1-1 Real Madrid

Real Madrid were out-fought at the ONO Estadi and, when reduced to 10 men, were lucky to escape with the draw. Goal.com analyses the individual performances...

Casillas - 7: Did everything he could with all the balls that came his way. One fine reaction save to stop an unfortunate deflection going in. Powerless to stop the goal.

Ramos - 6: Unlucky to be sent off for an alleged second bookable offense but, uncharacteristically, had a shaky game. His energy was an asset, but his final product was lacking.

Cannavaro - 7.5: Well, things are looking promising for Cannavaro, finally. Madrid's best player on the night, his positioning was on-point and though Madrid's defence was unlocked by the goal, it's not something that can be blamed on the Italian or any other individual.

Heinze - 6.5: At times he had the energy and awareness that was reminiscent of last week and the week before's performances, but today, quite like Ramos, he showed the most uncertain side of his game and almost proved to be a liabiliry at times.

Marcelo - 6.5: A quiet game, and he will probably be happy with that. Was caught out a few times in the first half but made amends on all occasions. Willing to fight more in a defensive capacity these days. Slowly improving.

Guti - 5.5: Not good enough. It was another one of those days for Guti. There was the odd inspired pass, but he proved to be a liability in midfield. Not a scrapper, so that was not expected, but with no significant muscle backing him up, his lack of work rate in particular was exposed.

Gago - 7: Madrid's best mdifielder. Did all the little things right and attempted the odd extravagant pass, none of which came off. Showed good energy and was as strong as he could be in the challenge.

Sneijder - 6.5: His goal saves his score without question. Dreadful set-pieces; looked quite promising when running with the ball but his passing and shooting left quite a lot to be desired. Was last week a one-off?

Higuain - 5: Thoroughly underwhelming. Like Sneijder, can look okay when on the ball and running but his end product is found wanting.

Raul - 6: Put in a decent showing, but there was very little service and when he drifted deep he did have much of an influence as it was often overcrowded.

Robben - 7: Promising. Did magnificently to set up the first goal and he was a genuine wide threat, something Madrid had lacked all game.

Substitutes: Diarra - 6, Torres - n/a, Baptista - n/a

Heinze urges Real Madrid pal Ramos to cool it

tribalfooball.com - April 09, 2008

Gabriel Heinze has urged Real Madrid teammate Sergio Ramos to tone down his on-field temper.

Ramos is again in disciplinary trouble after a string of bookings and Heinze said: "I am not someone to give advice to Sergio. It also has happened to me, it's like form, what you must learn is to cool off just a little bit so that they do not show more cards to you.

"It is normal that it happens when a person has character and I like people like this, for that reason I support him."

Heinze: My Dream Is The Title With Madrid

Gabriel Heinze has dismissed talk of him ever playing for Barcelona and stated that his dream this season is to win the league title with Real Madrid.

The Argentinian defender was clear about his ambitions after being asked whether he would ever consider moving to the Blaugrana.

With Barça preparing to play for a place in the Champions League semi finals, Heinze was asked whether he would prefer to be with them, instead of playing for Los Merengues.

"It makes no sense to me. It's meaningless," he said. "People say, 'Gabi would be good at Barcelona', well, fair enough, but I am a Real Madrid player.

"Of course I'd like to be in the Champions League, but right now we're fighting for the Liga. I wouldn't swap my dream for anything, and that dream is to win the Liga with Real Madrid. I wouldn't swap that for anything.

“I would like to play the in Champions League, but only with one team, Real Madrid, because I do not want to move clubs."

Heinze believes that the title could be close as Madrid maintained their advantage at the top of the table and he insisted that only by focussing on themselves would they win the league.

“The title is close because we are top with a certain advance, a good goal difference and only few games to play," he continued.

“I am not thinking of Barcelona or Villarreal. I am only worried about my team, because if I play well and if we win, we do not need to check our rivals' results.”

Real Madrid vs. Real Murcia

Goalkeepers: Casillas & Dudek.

Defenders: Pepe, Salgado, Marcelo, Heinze & Torres.

Midfielders: Diarra, Gago, Drenthe, Guti, Baptista, Sneijder & Robben.

Forwards: Higuaín, Saviola, Robinho & Raúl.

Racing Santander vs. Real Madrid

Goalkeepers: Casillas & Dudek;

Defenders: Sergio Ramos, Salgado, Pepe, Marcelo, Cannavaro & Heinze;

Midfielders: Diarra, Balboa, Gago, Robinho, Robben, Baptista & Sneijder;

Forwards: Higuaín, Raúl & Saviola.