• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Bojan Krkic: I took my chances

Barcelona youngster Bojan Krkic believes he still has a major part to play for the club after bagging a double against Almeria.

Pep Guardiola's troops ran amok against the home side, racking up an amazing 8-0 result with Argentina sensation Lionel Messi grabbing a hat-trick and substitute Bojan helping himself to a brace.

A Santiago Acasiete own goal along with strikes from Andres Iniesta and Pedro compounded an absolutely miserable day for rock-bottom Almeria, who sacked under-fire coach Juanma Lillo straight after the match.

Speaking to Marca after the tie, Bojan declared: "I know I am true to this team and I took my chance in a match where we were clearly superior.

"When you are winning you want to score more goals and improve the outcome."

Despite running riot in Andalusia, Bojan believes that next week's blockbuster clash with Real Madrid will be a whole new ball game.

"It's a completely different game but we arrive at a good time," the precocious teenager added.

The Nou Camp outfit are second in the table having registered 31 points after Sunday's encounter.

• 4 weeks later...

Agent: Bojan won't leave Barcelona

The agent of Barcelona youngster Bojan Krkic is adamant that his client will not be leaving during the January transfer window.

The Barca academy product has been warming the bench for the majority of the season so far, well below the pecking order behind the likes of superstars David Villa and Lionel Messi.

His lack of match action has prompted speculation that Bojan would be shipped out on a short term loan in order to rack up more minutes on the pitch.

The forward is not short of admirers either with the likes of Arsenal, Tottenham, Juventus, Liverpool and Inter Milan all believed to be interested in him.

However, Bojan's agent Zoran Vekic has squashed the possibility of any move for his young starlet.

He stated to publication Sport: "Bojan will not leave. The club would not accept it. Next summer we will analyse the situation again and we will see, but for now he is happy at Barcelona.

"He is not getting many minutes but every time he gets an opportunity he has played very well. He managed to get a goal against Real Sociedad at the weekend."

Should he decide to quit Pep Guardiola's team however, Bojan will not be short of offers to join the powerhouses of Europe.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...