Bellazon

Your Favorite Strange/Unique Fashion Pictures

Joe > Average

Isabella Blow (née Isabella Delves Broughton, 19 November 1958 – 6 May 2007)[1][2] was a British magazine editor and international style icon. The muse of hat designer Philip Treacy, she is credited with discovering the models Stella Tennant and Sophie Dahl as well as the fashion designer Alexander McQueen

In 1993, Blow worked with the photographer Steven Meisel producing the Babes in London shoot featuring Plum Sykes, Bella Freud, and Honor Fraser. Isabella Blow had a natural sense of style and a good feeling for future fashion directions. She discovered Alexander McQueen and purchased his entire graduate collection for ₤5,000, paying it off in weekly ₤100 installments. Spotting Sophie Dahl, Isabella described Dahl as, "a blow up doll with brains", and launched the model's career.[4] According to Vanity Fair, she also was responsible for the resurgence of the crystal-rhinestone firm Swarovski after convincing her designer friends to use the company's products in their fashions and accessories.

Toward the end of her life, Blow had become seriously depressed and reportedly was anguished over her inability to "find a home in a world she influenced", wrote Cathy Horyn of The New York Times on May 10, 2007. As one of Isabella's friends, Daphne Guinness, told Horyn, "She was upset that [Alexander] McQueen didn't take her along when he sold his brand to Gucci. Once the deals started happening, she fell by the wayside. Everybody else got contracts, and she got a free dress". According to a 2002 interview with Tamsin Blanchard, it was Blow who brokered the deal in which Gucci purchased McQueen's label. As photographer Mario Testino told Vanity Fair in September 2007, "She was brilliant at finding new things and could always find new ways of looking at things but it was hard for her to define her job, and it was hard to find ways to pay her. So you find a designer, or you find the model, but how do you invoice for that?"

On May 6, 2007, during a weekend house party at Hilles, where the guests included Treacy and his life partner, Stefan Bartlett, Blow announced that she was going shopping. Instead, she was later discovered collapsed on a bathroom floor by her sister Lavinia and was taken to Gloucestershire Royal Hospital, where Blow told the doctor she drank the weedkiller Paraquat. It was also reported that Blow discovered that she had ovarian cancer around this time.[9]A posthumous profile in Vanity Fair stated merely that she had had an ovarian cyst removed shortly before her death, with no mention of ovarian cancer.

wiki wiki wikipedia

one thing i noticed here at BZ, not much is mentioned about isabella blow

her influence will be felt for years to come

this amazing fashionista influenced more trends in the last 15 yrs than

many designers do in their entire careers.

her personal style and charming wit will be missed by all who knew her

and all who knew of her.

here are a few pics which show off her personal style.

All Hail The Queen Of Strange!!!

r.i.p. isabella :heart:

the first gentleman isabella is photgraphed w/ is ultra cool hat designer phillip treacy

the second one, wearing the dress.. alexander mcqueen

post-16964-1195524334_thumb.jpg

post-16964-1195524367_thumb.jpg

post-16964-1195524396_thumb.jpg

post-16964-1195524429_thumb.jpg

post-16964-1195524963_thumb.jpg

post-16964-1195524994_thumb.jpg

post-16964-1195525027_thumb.jpg

post-16964-1195525065_thumb.jpg

post-16964-1195525092_thumb.png

post-16964-1195525159_thumb.jpg

post-16964-1195578116_thumb.jpg

post-16964-1195578158_thumb.png

yep, she's got quite a lot of strange editorials :p

oh, congrats on the 1,000 posts :p

thanks, hutch!!

i dont really care about post count.. i just like the pretty blue cubes under my avatar

:rofl:

before the crash.. i was up to 1300... the crash took me back down to 33

the scary ting is that im back to 1000+ and the crash only ahppened bout 2 weeks ago

im not an addict,,,, i swear!!!! :woot: :woot: