Bellazon

Has obsessing over models affected your self-image?

ninanina19

i don't really look at myself like a "model" i'm really thin as it is, but i work out my abs and stuff because thats my probelm area, my lil beer belly ahaha. but not really for me, i just look up to them as inspiration, they are beautiful inside and out! not necessarly like inspiation to be thin, but just to follow what you love and be true to yourself

HI ninanina,

I like your question. And I think its true. Somehow it affects the self-image and the way you see others; but maybe mostly unconsciously. When I am looking at the models in this thread, I feel pretty ugly....but when I am out and about in the streets, I rarely see a woman who looks like a model......not even once a month. There are pretty people, in-between, less-pretty people....everything. So reality is different.

HI ninanina,

I like your question. And I think its true. Somehow it affects the self-image and the way you see others; but maybe mostly unconsciously. When I am looking at the models in this thread, I feel pretty ugly....but when I am out and about in the streets, I rarely see a woman who looks like a model......not even once a month. There are pretty people, in-between, less-pretty people....everything. So reality is different.

oh, you´re lucky somehow...because when I go out on the streets, there are girls who are sometimes even prettier than models :blink: it´s very depressing, though :ninja: not all of them, but I rarely see an ugly one at which I could feel better about myself ( I know, I´m mean) .

But good thread Nina!! As for to answer you question, yeah, it has...in some way for sure. Wanna be thiner (or not "thiner", rather like...as best as I can... :laugh: ) and I look different on people, I see them in kinda different way, I scan their features, I study their body, (damn, I look like some fanatic stalker) I think about how they could change to look the best - the hair, the style, make-up...oh, I´m a superfreak now :laugh:

But a good thing, I´ve learned to find a true natural beauty in people...like no make-up barbie can delude me!! :ninja: :D :D :evil:

Yeah I guess to a certain degree it has, I think it does for most people, even other models themselves when they see a person/model prettyier than them :idk: I wanna be thinner but even before I was into models and stuff I wanted to be thinner and tone up. But overall I'm relatively happy with myself, except I hate my combination skin :( and offcourse I wanna tone up.

HI ninanina,

oh, you´re lucky somehow...because when I go out on the streets, there are girls who are sometimes even prettier than models :blink: it´s very depressing, though :ninja: not all of them, but I rarely see an ugly one at which I could feel better about myself ( I know, I´m mean) .

But good thread Nina!! As for to answer you question, yeah, it has...in some way for sure. Wanna be thiner (or not "thiner", rather like...as best as I can... :laugh: ) and I look different on people, I see them in kinda different way, I scan their features, I study their body, (damn, I look like some fanatic stalker) I think about how they could change to look the best - the hair, the style, make-up...oh, I´m a superfreak now :laugh:

But a good thing, I´ve learned to find a true natural beauty in people...like no make-up barbie can delude me!! :ninja: :D :D :evil:

...oh yes, some of the girls on the streets are really pretty. But I meant, that I rarely see someone who stands out of the crowd, regarding her beauty.

But I agree with you. Natural beauty is so much more important and you can see it.