Bellazon

Paulina Porizkova
Thumbnail

supermodel07

Life magazine 1986, scanned by ashtonbill at TFS.

post-1120-1210173034_thumb.jpg

Hi Bill - I have this magazine...just haven't been able to figure out how to properly scan the larger pics...it's larger than my scanner bed, so I'm having a hard time deciding what to "cut off" in order to scan the image. Sometime soon, I'll post the whole editorial for everyone! When this scanner dies (which, I'm not looking forward to - it's a great scanner) I'll try to find one with a larger bed so I can scan all the bigger stuff more easily. :wave:

Red, when I'm scanning big covers like W or Ocean Drive I scan it in two parts and then paste them together in my photo program. Sometimes it won't really match up but for the most part I've had success so try that.

Red, when I'm scanning big covers like W or Ocean Drive I scan it in two parts and then paste them together in my photo program. Sometimes it won't really match up but for the most part I've had success so try that.

Thanks Jal. What photo program do you have? Up until now, I have had no great way to do that...besides to take two picture previews, put them side-by-side on my screen and use my Mac's feature that allows me to take a picture of whatever I want on my screen...that's how I fused all my Estee Lauder ads. Trouble is, it's hard to get them to match up right and I lose a lot of the picture quality doing it that way. My husband just got me photoshop, but I have absolutely NO idea how to use it yet.

I use HP software to scan and then Microsoft's Digital Image Pro to paste and clean up. Go into Photoshop and creative an oversized blank image and call it say Paulina 1 and save it to your drive. Scan the two halves and paste them on Paulina 1 one at a time. Should work just fine. Here's one that I did on an Ocean Drive cover.

post-16241-1210178531_thumb.jpg

post-15680-1210189450_thumb.jpg

:heart: Paulina for Revlon. My own scan.

I love the Paulina profile... :blush: What year is this pic? mid-eighties? Thank you!!

Magic, thanks, I had never seen that gotex pic, awesome!!

Thank you for all of you who scan!! I'm always appreciative :wave: :wub:

Bill - yes, the closeup is from New York mag (July 1-8, 1985)

And YES...in 1991 Paulina was under contract with Estee Lauder and I'm sure had an iron-clad non-compete clause in her contract with them, so she would not have been allowed to appear in two cosmetic companys' ads simultaneously. I examined the ad closely and it sure does look like her, so the only thing I can figure is that the picture was taken prior to her contract with Lauder and Revlon somehow was still able to print it.

You are welcome, Bill...and I'm sorry if my repost displeased anyone - as I know Jal posted once before. I just have the cover myself now and was excited to share it. :whistle:

Here's some photos of Paulina and Ric's wedding (most of them are smaller pictures)

post-18318-1210347279_thumb.jpg

post-18318-1210347344_thumb.jpg post-18318-1210347388_thumb.jpg post-18318-1210347439_thumb.jpg post-18318-1210347482_thumb.jpg

small

post-18318-1210347944_thumb.jpg

post-18318-1210347970_thumb.jpg post-18318-1210348001_thumb.jpg post-18318-1210348024_thumb.jpg post-18318-1210348048_thumb.jpg