alexpato&marquez

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Pato delighted with brace

Alexandre Pato is delighted with his brace in Milan's 3-1 win over Chievo and believes his side are on the right track.

The Brazilian has been in red-hot form for his national team and was rewarded with a start by coach Massimiliano Allegri.

He duly repaid his coach's faith by banging in two goals in the first-half before his compatriot Robinho wrapped up the victory late on after a deflected header from Sergio Pellissier gave the Rossoneri a scare in the second half.

But it's three precious points nonetheless and that shot Milan up to the top of the standings.

Speaking to Sky Sports Italia after the match, Pato was delighted to have helped his team to the win and hopes they carry their form to next week's Champions League clash with Real Madrid.

"I am very happy with my two goals," the 21-year-old said.

"We have to continue like this."

Another player who starred in the match was Ronaldinho, who was a central part of Milan's attacking play.

"I always do my best to help the team and I thank my colleagues," the former World Player of the year added.

"I like playing behind the strikers and it was important to help the team."

However, Milan's win was marred by injury to Thiago Silva, who was carried off in the second-half with an ankle injury and could now miss the trip to Madrid.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...