Bellazon

Cameron Russell
Thumbnail

chiva474128

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know, my feelings towards her are complicated. I think she is beautiful, very beautiful, but every since she started preaching against modeling, I find it very hard to swallow her doing work for brands like VS, because it just seems hypocritical in a way to me. She preaches against what she thinks VS is all about, and then she goes and models for them, or brands like them. I know she has good intentions, and I am not against her speaking her mind or anything, it's just some of the things she has said does not sit well with me. So I don't want VS to use her again, because I don't feel like they should considering she speaks out against brands like them.

I don't know, my feelings towards her are complicated. I think she is beautiful, very beautiful, but every since she started preaching against modeling, I find it very hard to swallow her doing work for brands like VS, because it just seems hypocritical in a way to me. She preaches against what she thinks VS is all about, and then she goes and models for them, or brands like them. I know she has good intentions, and I am not against her speaking her mind or anything, it's just some of the things she has said does not sit well with me. So I don't want VS to use her again, because I don't feel like they should considering she speaks out against brands like them.

Maybe I missed something but I don't recall Cameron saying anything preachy about VS or any bikini/lingerie brands. She mentioned she won the genetic lottery and that she capitalizes on it for work, also she gets free shit for being pretty, she showed us modeling 101, talked about how pictures aren't reality, and said girls could be anything they want... YAY girl power and stuff like that.

O.o Cameron makes no false pretense about using what she's got to get ahead in the industry.

Perhaps you can share info so we can gain some insight?

If I recall she was trying to make a the point that trying to be a model might not be a realistic career goal. No different than a male pro athlete telling young men the odds of becoming a pro athlete ain't good and they need a realistic goal.

• 1 month later...