Bellazon

Penelope Cruz
Thumbnail

chiva474128

Penelope Cruz Urges Fans to Join Cancer Fight

Penelope Cruz wants her fans to register as bone marrow donors, after she met a young cancer sufferer during filming in London. The "Vanilla Sky" star took a break from shooting movie-musical "Nine" to talk to eight-year-old Joe Cawse, from Kent, England. And she was so inspired by the youngster's courage, she has urged fans to help in the fight against cancer by signing up to donate their bone marrow.

Cruz says, "He's a sunny and intelligent eight-year-old but is battling with leukemia as I speak. One suitable donor could save his life. I was very surprised to discover there are two different ways to donate your bone marrow and the second way is a much easier, less invasive process than I had ever imagined. If only more people in the UK knew that there is a method of donating bone marrow that is simple and pain free." She adds, "I urge people, please, please register. One suitable donor could save Joe's life."

source:actressarchives.com

Penelope Cruz Treasures Woody Allen's Glasses

Actress Penelope Cruz took home a unique souvenir from the set of WOODY ALLEN's latest film VICKY CRISTINA BARCELONA--a pair of the director's trademark spectacles. The Spanish beauty admits she was taken aback when Allen presented her with the gift, because it was so personal.

She tells Britain's Total Film magazine, "Actually I got a souvenir. I got his glasses as a present. And it's my treasure. I love those glasses. He only has two pairs and he gave me one pair."

source: actressarchives.com

Penelope Cruz Bruised by Sexy Dance Routine

Penelope Cruz was left blistered and bruised after performing a sexy dance. The actress was forced to push through the pain while doing a rope routine for new musical film "Nine"--because she was worried she would lose her grip and fall.

She said, "When something like that happens, you just have to keep going and forget about any physical pain. I was dancing in the dark with one spotlight on me, so I had to be extremely alert and focused. There were other things to think about, so I was not in pain while dancing--I was just praying not to fall!"

However, the star soon learned to love the raunchy moves and was left in tears on her last day of filming when she realised her hard work had paid off. She added, "You carry on and forget the pain, and at the end of the day you see all the blisters and bruises. I couldn't stop crying, because I had been doing dance classes and rehearsals for so many months. It's in the film and it will be there for ever, but I don't get to do it again. I was addicted to it!"

source: actressarchives.com

Penelope Cruz: Chanel Chick

2v01gxx.jpg

Making the most of her time in Paris, France, Penelope Cruz was spotted doing some retail therapy at the Chanel boutique yesterday (January 20).

The “Vanilla Sky” cutie looked a bit preoccupied as she left the store, chatting on her mobile phone and trying to avoid the paparazzi as she headed to the airport.

In a recent interview, Miss Cruz explained that her role in the upcoming film “Nine” was very physically demanding at times, especially during a sexy dance routine involving a rope that left her blistered and bruised.

She revealed, “When something like that happens, you just have to keep going and forget about any physical pain. I was dancing in the dark with one spotlight on me, so I had to be extremely alert and focused. There were other things to think about, so I was not in pain while dancing - I was just praying not to fall.”

source: celebrity-gossip.net

post-19430-1232728544_thumb.jpg

post-19430-1232728741_thumb.jpg

post-19430-1232728939_thumb.jpg

post-19430-1232729066_thumb.jpg

post-19430-1232729150_thumb.jpg

post-19430-1232729550_thumb.jpg

post-19430-1232731577_thumb.jpg

post-19430-1232731703_thumb.jpg

Fresh after learning that she is nominated for an Academy Award for her supporting role in Woody Allen's 'Vicky Cristina Barcelona,' Penélope Cruz tells ET's Thea Andrews how it feels to be nominated -- and she reveals what famous friend she was with when she heard the news!

"I feel very grateful that Woody [Allen] gave me this character that I love so much -- and then all these other things are happening that I didn't expect at all when I was making the movie," Penélope says.

The beauty goes on to say she is "very excited," adding that she is planning to call Woody Allen and thank him for the role.

As for the famous friend, Penélope celebrated the win with pal Salma Hayek, who Penélope said was "really, really, really happy for me." This is the second Academy Award nomination for Penélope, who was previously nominated for her performance in 'Volver.'

source: etonline.com

Is she good dancer like Monica?

I do not think so, but she still dances very good. Penelope went to ballet school, but later studied acting while Monica trained all sorts of dancing for long period, much more than Penelope. I saw Penelope dancing in movie "Noel", and she was very good! :yes: