Bellazon

Penelope Cruz
Thumbnail

chiva474128

Nine

03.jpg

01.jpg

Penelope Cruz really got a good workout for her upcoming movie Nine. The Spanish actress had to train hard for weeks for the flick, about a film director struggling in his relationships with women, in which Penelope plays the central character’s mistress. In one scene she had to slide down a rope, and she had to put muscles she hadn't used since being a teen to the test.

Describing the scene, Penelope said: “They mapped it out and showed me how it was done. I said I would never be able to do it but I worked and worked and regained the memory of muscles in my legs I hadn’t used since I was a teenager studying ballet.”

Penelope, 35, was rehearsing for the film’s rope scenes for three months before they were eventually completed, and was left with calluses on her hands and bleeding digits from sliding down the ropes so often. She added to Britain’s Daily Mail newspaper: “I was stretching, running and going to the gym to get my arms strong to support me on the ropes. But with my hands, after a while you don’t feel the pain. I had the wounds dressed and carried on.”

post-19430-1259340825_thumb.jpg

post-19430-1259340929_thumb.jpg

Penelope and Javier Get In Thanksgiving Spirit With Sean Penn

Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem may not be from the United States, but they celebrated Thanksgiving with their friend Sean Penn this year. The couple stopped off for gas and drinks before arriving at Penn's house for the holiday feast. Penelope has been busy on the promotional campaign for Broken Embraces and the upcoming Nine, but she always manages to avoid questions about her relationship. Still, there are rumors that she's been wedding dress shopping after being spotted wearing a ring on a certain finger recently. Whether or not that ends up being the case, Penelope and Javier's love of privacy doesn't preclude them from taking in an American family tradition together.

post-19430-0-1446024585-1909_thumb.jpg