Bellazon

Penelope Cruz
Thumbnail

chiva474128

Rupee ends strong against dollar at Rs 44.25/27

Market Review: Bullion

Market Review: Stock & Share

Home > News > Penelope Cruz finds being called sexy "boring"!

Comments

Hollywood News

Penelope Cruz finds being called sexy "boring"!

If there's one actress who doesn't quite like to have the word "sexy" added before her name, it would be Spanish beauty Penelope Cruz, for she thinks that being labelled is "boring".

The 32-year old beauty, who is already creating Oscar buzz for a stellar performance in the Pedro Almodovar's 'Volver', revealed that she doesn't quite pay attention to all those people who are forever calling her "sexy", for she doesn't like being typecast.

"I don't pay attention to people calling me sexy. It makes me nervous when people start using labels. It's boring," Hollywoodrag.com quoted her, as saying.

"I don't understand why people tend to typecast you," she added.

As for all those Oscar rumours, well one person firmly in Cruz's corner Iis her former beau Matthew McConaughey, who she met while filming action adventure 'Sahara'.

"She is going to get an Oscar nomination for 'Volver', or she should. She is so excited about that film. I really hope she gets the recognition she deserves," he recently said.

Cruz has already taken home the European Film Award for Best Actress this year, as well as the Best Actress award at the Cannes film festival for her performance in 'Volver'.

The Cannes award was shared with Carmen Maura, Lola Dueqas, Blanca Portillo, Yohana Cobo, Chus Lampreave.

Like YA!!! I've been following her since the first movie i saw her in. Jamon Jamon i though she was so beautiful she was young then and now she is like the most beautiful woman in the world to me.

:drool:

Really? Wow, that's awesome! Aaah I must agree...Penelope is certainly the world's most beautiful woman. :wub:

Everything about her is just so perfect! And she's not a bad actress, either. :D

sd_92 :hug: :p

In Spain she is like one of the best actresses ever, i hate it when she went to America and basically gave her roles for her looks not for her talent, like Captains' minorilli (whatever it was called it sucked), all the pretty horses im tired of Spainard woman having to play a mexican housekepper, daughter of a poor rancher etc. (Paz Vega did the same in Spanglish), and don't even get me started on Sahara :yuckky:

But now i don't know she is getting recognition in America for Volver luv luv that movie :wub: :wub: Spain is all aflutter she might win an Oscar!!! :) ;)

here is a crappy pic i scanned it from a tabliod magazine its Penelope and Monica and their mother i believe?

project2fr2.th.jpg

and another crappy scan, from Spanish GQ don't know the date??

336qt3.th.jpg

In Spain she is like one of the best actresses ever, i hate it when she went to America and basically gave her roles for her looks not for her talent, like Captains' minorilli (whatever it was called it sucked), all the pretty horses im tired of Spainard woman having to play a mexican housekepper, daughter of a poor rancher etc. (Paz Vega did the same in Spanglish), and don't even get me started on Sahara :yuckky:

Unfortunately in America a lot actresses who are seen as sexy don't get the recognition they deserve until they make themselves ugly in a role (ex Charlize Theron, Halle Berry). What also works against Penelope in American movies is that she has a heavy accent so they think she wouldn't be believable in a typical American role. I also think the Tom Cruise association at the beginning of her career over here didn't help. It overshadowed her a lot and her associations with other famous actors continues to overshadow her work. I'm sure she'll get nominated for an Oscar (I think Helen Mirror in The Queen will win) but I don't know if it will get her better American roles because the role she's getting the most respect for is in Spanish and a lot of people (including Academy members) won't even bother watching it.

But she's simply stunning in the recent beach photos.

post-2047-1168097877_thumb.jpg

post-2047-1168097888_thumb.jpg

post-2047-1168097897_thumb.jpg

post-2047-1168097907_thumb.jpg

post-2047-1168097921_thumb.jpg

post-2047-1168097930_thumb.jpg

post-2047-1168097942_thumb.jpg

post-2047-1168097967_thumb.jpg

post-2047-1168097980_thumb.jpg

post-2047-1168097997_thumb.jpg

post-2047-1168098005_thumb.jpg

But now i don't know she is getting recognition in America for Volver luv luv that movie :wub: :wub: Spain is all aflutter she might win an Oscar!!! :) ;)

agreed i thought taht she's one of those unserious actress, like jesica alba before i saw Almodovar's movies with her