Bellazon

Questions in Life that make you go "hmmm"

maddog107

Guest quasicartes
i guess you're still trying to figure that one out....

i'll give another hint (big) as to what my belief is (always subject to revision based on observation, experience, and thought - i'm not dogmatic), and this should shed light on why "the problem of evil" is totally irrelevant and meaningless to me despite my belief in "god."  ah, fuck it -  i'll just give it all away: my understanding over the years has lead me to pantheism.  this is not atheism or theism, but something different, and IMO, much more in harmony with observed science and even religious doctrine, once reinterpreted.

this link explains it very well: http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/pantheism/

some quotes:

Pantheism is a metaphysical and religious position. Broadly defined it is the view that (1) "God is everything and everything is God ... the world is either identical with God or in some way a self-expression of his nature" (Owen 1971: 74). Similarly, it is the view that (2) everything that exists constitutes a "unity" and this all-inclusive unity is in some sense divine (MacIntyre 1967: 34). A slightly more specific definition is given by Owen (1971: 65) who says (3) "

wow, this has become almost like a religious thread. its intersesting to read about it. i myself dont believe in any of that stuff, so i am an atheist. i feel that each person has the right to belieive in what they want, and that should not be frowned upon by anyone. thats what makes this world such a diverse and interesting place to live in

Guest quasicartes
He could turn water into wine. That's pretty special in my opinion.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To be able to never run out of alcohol is absolutely impressive!

Guest quasicartes
after reading that thread i'm not even the slightest bit convinced.  first of all, so what if PETA euthanizes animals?  so does the humane society.  euthanasia is considered a "humane" way of dealing with pet overpopulation, and is a completely different thing from what corporations do when they torture animals for testing purposes.  not to mention, euthanasia is considered a humane way for humans to end their lives by choice when they feel their quality of life is intolerable due to illness.

what are you suggesting, that we allow corporations and governments to simply have their way and do whatever the hell they want without protesting or doing anything about it?  is a fascist state like the third reich what you want? -  because that's what we would have without any activism or dissent.

also, protesting against "activism" is a form of activism in itself!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am anti-activism activist! :D

I think I have found the answer to why we are alive :shifty:

We are alive so we can wonder why we are alive, because if we were dead we would not be alive and therefore would not be able to wonder why why we were alive...

.. maybe not :ninja:

I think I have found the answer to why we are alive :shifty:

We are alive so we can wonder why we are alive, because if we were dead we would not be alive and therefore would not be able to wonder why why we were alive...

.. maybe not :ninja:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no one seems to like my idea <_<

no one seems to like my idea <_<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no no ur idea has been taken under consideration, but it is a waste of time trying to figure it out...for we have our own individual reasons. I am alive just to be here, i for one am too lazy to figure it out so i make others answer the question for me...i suffer from sloth, i am too lazy to clean a mess, therefore too lazy to make one. Cause and effect? or is it effect and cause? Or maybe niether

:/