Bellazon

MLB

Capt Snow

Well today the Phillies just blew their 3rd lead in the 8th inning in a row... This was the worst because they had a 4 run lead going into the 8th... It is soo bad... Their relief is terrible...

I saw some of that game....Phillies looked good...as for the Mets :whistle:

They really looked bad tonight...my worst fears have been realized. They are becoming unwatchable one week into the season. I'm so angry right now...I hope they lose again on Sunday afternoon so they can get booed on Monday's home opener. :evil: Ugh...what an embarassment...

0-5and counting........

The Dodgers are back to their old tricks again!!! :D Another come from behind win in AZ. Last night the hero was Jose Valentin, and the latest hero is Jeff Kent, a native son of SoCal!!! ;) Depsite our GODAWFUL PITCHING TONIGHT :x, the Dodgers were able to stick in there and do what they did 53 times last year, which was to come from behind and get the win. Hopefully, they will be able to continue this trend at least till we can get Gagne and at least Brad Penny and/or Wilson Alvarez back on the squad. Until then, GO DODGERS!!! ;)

As a Dodger fan, L.A. native, and a Black Man, I think it is only right to point out that on this day 58 years ago, the Dodgers organization and Jackie Robinson made history. Jackie Robinson, a L.A. native as well, became the the first Black ballplayer in MLB on this day!!! And get this: Milton Bradey, who wears No.#21(Jackie won No.#42 ;) ) and is also Black and a L.A. native, turned 27 years old TODAY!!! :o :cool: :yes: So, for Milton Bradley, The Dodgers organization, L.A. natives, and Black men everywhere, THANK YOU, NO.42, FOR MAKING ALL OF US PROUD!!!

I thought it was cool that the Dodgers wore the old Brooklyn uniforms on Jackie Robinson Day.

The Mets got their winning streak snapped at 6 by the Marlins on Sunday. The majority of the wins were of the "come from behind" variety, which was nice to see. Winning teams must have the ability to come from behind late in the game. So after starting 0-5 we are now on pace with everyone else in the NL East (Nationals in first, everyone else for second). This is really going to be fun a race.

How 'bout them Yankees??? Steinbrenner had to send a missive to the media to keep fans from jumping off their ledges. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Here it is:

"Enough is enough. I am bitterly disappointed as I'm sure all Yankee fans are by the lack of performance by our team.'' It is unbelievable to me that the highest-paid team in baseball would start the season in such a deep funk. They are not playing like true Yankees. They have the talent to win and they are not winning. I expect Joe Torre, his complete coaching staff and the team to turn this around.''

I thought it was cool that the Dodgers wore the old Brooklyn uniforms on Jackie Robinson Day.

The Mets got their winning streak snapped at 6 by the Marlins on Sunday. The majority of the wins were of the "come from behind" variety, which was nice to see.  Winning teams must have the ability to come from behind late in the game. So after starting 0-5 we are now on pace with everyone else in the NL East (Nationals in first, everyone else for second). This is really going to be fun a race.

How 'bout them Yankees??? Steinbrenner had to send a missive to the media to keep fans from jumping off their ledges. :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Here it is:

"Enough is enough. I am bitterly disappointed as I'm sure all Yankee fans are by the lack of performance by our team.'' It is unbelievable to me that the highest-paid team in baseball would start the season in such a deep funk. They are not playing like true Yankees. They have the talent to win and they are not winning. I expect Joe Torre, his complete coaching staff and the team to turn this around.''

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Steinbrenner whining, HERE WE GO AGAIN!!! FUCKING CRYBABY!!!In the meantime Milton Bradley and Jeff Kent are the best BACK-TO-BACK HITTING COMBO SO FAR THIS YEAR!!!

THINK BLUE!!!

Steinbrenner whining, HERE WE GO AGAIN!!! FUCKING CRYBABY!!!In the meantime Milton Bradley and Jeff Kent are the best BACK-TO-BACK HITTING COMBO SO FAR THIS YEAR!!! And by the way, impel I thought the old school Brooklyn Dodger uniforms were cool as well. However, they also won those uniforms cause the were celebrating the first, and only, World Championship that the Dodger organization won in Brooklyn. And I might add that a lot of Latinos should give props the Jackie Robinson. All those dark-skinned Dominicans and Cubans wouldn't be able to play Major League Baseball if it wasn't for Jackie Robinson.

THINK BLUE!!!

I think he has a right to make statement regarding his $200 million dollar investment. I've been watching some of the games and they really are playing really bad. The starting pitching is awful (I knew Pavano and Wright would be terrible signings), the bullpen is just as bad, and they are not hitting with RISP. I think they will be fine though. Remember last year, when SI had Jeter on the cover and it read, "What's Wrong With Jeter?". How did he finish up??

My point exactly, Impel. Besides, the season is only 2 weeks old. Not to mention, just besause your team has a high payroll doesn't exactly translate into wins. My TRUE BLUE DODGERS are RED HOT RIGHT NOW!!! They won the West last year, and exept for Gagne, no other players on the team were household names. So far this year, we are doing pretty well WITHOUT GAGNE!!! Bet ya no one saw that coming. NO BELTRE, but the Dodgers are not having any problems scoring runs or hitting home runs. However, I'm not gonna get OVERCONFIDENT!!! Dodgers can hit a rough patch, too.