Bellazon

Rita Hayworth
Thumbnail

CarMELita

Beautiful! Here are some Rita quotes I liked that I found on Wikipedia

post-19478-0-1446070416-35081_thumb.jpgpost-19478-0-1446070418-27115_thumb.jpgpost-19478-0-1446070418-70199_thumb.jpg

"Dancing in Tijuana when I was 13--that was my 'summer camp.' How else do you think I could keep up with Fred Astaire when I was 19?"

"Movies were much better in the days when I was doing them."

"Men fell in love with Gilda, but they wake up with me."

"Marilyn [Monroe] wasn't put on. That's why she was so good. Her femininity was real, and there are very few who are really women on screen--I like to think I was."

:laugh: "I think all women have a certain elegance about them which is destroyed when they take off their clothes." :laugh:

"I like having my picture taken and being a glamorous person. Sometimes when I find myself getting impatient, I just remember the times I cried my eyes out because nobody wanted to take my picture at the Trocadero."

"I'm an afternoon person."

"I love Mexico. I didn't mind being a Mexican--I speak Spanish and everything--Hell, I am Spanish--or my father's side of the family is."

"No, I wasn't scared [of Harry Cohn]. I had to say what I had to say. I would have thrown this ashtray at him."

"Just because I was married to Aly Khan, people think I'm rich. Well, I'm not. I never got a dime from Aly or from any of my husbands."

"I've had a lot of unhappiness in my life--and a lot of happiness. Who doesn't? Maybe I've learned enough to be able to guide my daughters.

post-19478-0-1446070418-76705_thumb.jpg

thanks! Rita seems to be a funny and nice person!

She was! All you have to do is read interview or listen to them, she had a wonderful personality!

This video is a truley beautiful tribute to Rita it has rare clips and it will make you cry! :wave: I hope the person who made it doesn't mind me posting

"Marilyn [Monroe] wasn't put on. That's why she was so good. Her femininity was real, and there are very few who are really women on screen--I like to think I was."

"I love Mexico. I didn't mind being a Mexican--I speak Spanish and everything--Hell, I am Spanish--or my father's side of the family is."

"No, I wasn't scared [of Harry Cohn]. I had to say what I had to say. I would have thrown this ashtray at him."

I'm not so sure whether Rita said those three things. It's the first time that I come across them.

And I think, I or some other fans would have stumbled upon them elsewhere, especially upon the quote about Marilyn and her saying that she didn't mind being Mexican because she speaks Spanish. She did love Mexico but in other sources Rita always said very modestly that her Spanish would only be "passable." And using the word "hell" sounds also very unusual to me - Rita didn't use an earthy language. If a Mexican added that to Wikipedia, I wouldn't be surprised, hahaha.

However, the others are very familiar to me. :laugh:

I also liked her blonde with her lady from shanghai hair

Somebody once said on YouTube she would look like a punk (in a positive way) as Elsa Bannister. :D

You know, back in the day people were so shocked with Rita's short blonde hair but I think she looks absolutely beautiful with it!

It added a new look, a new side to her image which I find very complex in general: dancer, starlet, girl next door, pin up girl, cover girl, femme fatale, love goddess, princess, mother,...

post-33455-1248537734_thumb.jpg post-33455-1248537757_thumb.png post-33455-1248537784_thumb.jpg

post-33455-1248537840_thumb.jpg post-33455-1248537863_thumb.jpg post-33455-1248537883_thumb.jpg