Bellazon

Cristiano Ronaldo
Thumbnail

persuazn

Tonight is the second match of El Clasico x 4 between Barcelona and Real Madrid. Tonight actually is the final of the Copa del Rey so we'll have the winner. I hope that the Copa del Rey will arrive at the "Bernabeu". I wish to the team good luck and especially to Cristiano Ronaldo. Uno, dos, tres - HALA MADRID !!! VIVA Ronaldo !!!

Tonight is the second match of El Clasico x 4 between Barcelona and Real Madrid. Tonight actually is the final of the Copa del Rey so we'll have the winner. I hope that the Copa del Rey will arrive at the "Bernabeu". I wish to the team good luck and especially to Cristiano Ronaldo. Uno, dos, tres - HALA MADRID !!! VIVA Ronaldo !!!

campeones campeones oleee oleeee oleeee campeones campeones oleee oleeee oleeee

campeones campeones oleee oleeee oleeee campeones campeones oleee oleeee oleeee campeones campeones oleee oleeee oleeee campeones campeones oleee oleeee oleeee :wave:

Ronaldo: Copa del Rey matters to Real

Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo has refuted the perception that the Copa del Rey is losing its lustre.

With the domestic league and European competition being the main objects of desire for many of Europe's biggest club - in Real's case: La Liga and the UEFA Champions League - many feel the Copa del Rey is increasingly losing its appeal.

It was thus a timely reminder, on Wednesday night, as Spain's two biggest clubs Real and Barcelona took on one another in the final, reminding all about the heritage and importance of the Copa del Rey.

Ronaldo, who proved to be the difference between the two sides after scoring the winner in extra time, revealed his joy at having won such a prestigious title, insisting it is always on the forefront of Real's ambitions every season.

"I am very happy," Ronaldo said on Real's official website.

"This is a very important title and our goal as well as that of the coach was to win it."

"It was a hard match, but whoever scores wins."

"We are extremely happy and now it is time to celebrate."

Ronaldo was one of many Real players to have praised coach Jose Mourinho, whose first season at the helm has coincided with their first piece of silverware since 2008.

"Mourinho is doing a great job and helping us a lot."

"He exudes positive energy and we feel it."

The only sour note from Wednesday night's triumph was the sending off of Angel Di Maria as the game reached its dying stages.

However, even the dismissal was unable to dampen the Argentine winger's enthusiasm after the match.

"We knew we could win this title and we did it."

"The team's strength was unity and the desire to win this match and those on the horizon."

"Let's hope it continues because we are more united than ever."

Ronaldo and Di Maria will now be hoping to build on their medal collection, having both earned their first pieces of silverware in Spanish football on Wednesday.

DISQUS...