Eva Riccobono
Thumbnail

Party.in.Paris

vogue-daily-logo.png

FASHION

What's Cooking in Milan: Fast Recipes for Fashion Week

by Kerry Olsen

eva-riccobono-01_112212554573.jpg_article_gallery_slideshow_v2.jpg

Italian actress and model Eva Riccobono in her Milan kitchen.

Photographed by Margherita Chiarva

Fashion weeks are not always a culinary high point, with little time to prepare wholesome dishes. In Milan, however, not even the onslaught of the fall collections can prevent some of the city's most stylish from preparing delicious, fresh food. We asked its chicest residents what they prepare when the heat is on.

“I occasionally post pictures of dishes I’ve cooked at home on Twitter and receive lots of requests for the recipes and ingredients I’ve used,” says the Italian actress and model Eva Riccobono (@EvaRiccobono) in her airy Milan kitchen. Hailing from Palermo, Italy, known for its myriad rows of food stalls, she’s a strong advocate for eating well, and has agreed to prepare one of her delectable dishes that could work as a quick supper fix for those on the go this week. “I actually wanted to make pasta con le sarde, but I couldn’t find them,” she says of an earlier attempt to locate fresh sardines (sarde) for the typical Southern Italian dish. Rule number one in Italy: Never buy or eat fish on a Monday (fish are not caught on a Sunday). As such, Eva has decided to prepare farro spaghetti with radicchio trevisano, pancetta, and ricotta salata—salty sheep’s-milk cheese—with some authentic Sicilian flair. “It’s a really simple dish, and I like to garnish it with ricotta,” she says. In Milan, it’s the norm to sprinkle Parmesan cheese over pasta; in Rome, Pecorino cheese; while Sicilian dishes favor the salty ricotta cheese.

She heats a large sauté pan over high heat and adds extra-virgin olive oil—Olio di Rosso, produced by her friend Renzo Rosso at his farm near Vicenza, Italy—then minced garlic, diced pancetta, and the chopped radicchio. Accessorizingher pretty spring Miu Miu outfit is an odd touch, a pair of rubber gloves: “If you want a love or a social life, you’ll need these,” she says, referring to the gloves she sports when chopping garlic to keep her hands odor-free. (Incidentally, she prefers the surgical variety.)

She sautés the ingredients until the fat on the pancetta starts to brown (about five minutes). In another pan, Eva boils water for the spaghetti. “I’m crazy. I visit around 20 places to ensure I find the best ingredients,” she explains about her rather arduous-sounding grocery trip in the city. Her Palermo family home is always brimming with fresh foodstuffs. She recounts farmers arriving daily with seasonal fruit, and a cellar complete with curing prosciutto and pasta-making contraptions. These days, though, she often feels like a tourist when she returns to the baroque Sicilian capital, especially when she makes a detour for the typical panino con la milza (chopped veal-spleen sandwich, a dish typical to Palermo).

Riccobono throws the spaghetti into boiling water, adding a large pinch of salt. “I’m one of the few that add it after the spaghetti,” she says, declining to reveal the correct length of time required for that all-important al dente pasta. “I just taste it. I don’t trust any other way.” (For the record, it was about eight minutes.) While waiting for the pasta to cook, she grates the ricotta. “Whoever wants to keep their arms firm should try this,” she laughs. Her partner, DJ Matteo Ceccarini, stops by in the hope of securing a forkful of pasta before returning to his studio, where he’s working on Giorgio Armani’s runway sound track.

Draining the spaghetti, Riccobono adds it to the pan with the pancetta and tosses until everything is well mixed. After spooning it into pasta bowls, she tops the dish with a few fresh basil leaves, a drizzle of oil, the ricotta, and some finely sliced red pepperoncino peppers. “They don’t have seeds, so they’re a bit fake,” she says, laughing. Nothing like the authentic dish she’s just prepared.

http://www.vogue.com/vogue-daily/article/whats-cooking-in-milan-fast-receipes-for-fashion-week/#1

• 1 month later...

Cover + Cover Story "Io, Bionda con Il Cervello" ("I, The Blonde With The Brain") for Grazia Italia 18th April 2013

Photographer: Lorenzo Bringheli

Stylist: Michela Guasco

Hair: Werner Amort

Make-up: Maurizio Massari

Interview: Chiara Gamberale

Model: Eva Riccobono

Source: Visual Optimism (visualoptimism.blogspot.com)

addBqDLF.jpg

adb3YdRG.jpg

aco49c2W.jpgadf4gDyC.jpg

acyg4oU2.jpg abzGypGp.jpg

abvvkWvV.jpgacvnZYDx.jpg

aco6Ltdi.jpgado50MaK.jpg

acdVW2H1.jpgactRqdXQ.jpg

adjx99dj.jpg abg1hfgj.jpg

ady73LeW.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

US Vogue Daily May 31, 2013 (vogue.com)

FASHION

It's in the Bag: Marta Ferri's New Accessories Line

by Kerry Olsen

Photographed by Margherita Chiarva

post-60979-0-1446132694-11912_thumb.jpg

post-60979-0-1446132694-15072_thumb.jpg post-60979-0-1446132694-17329_thumb.jpg

Summer in Italy is serious business. Reserving villas, yachts, and chefs—and occasionally guests—starts in earnest from January. (You never knew how much conversation could be devoted to the perils of jellyfish ruining the snorkeling in Sicily.) Needless to say, planning a vacation wardrobe can get overlooked. Smart Italian women use a shortcut by turning to bespoke dressmakers like Milan-based Marta Ferri. Fortunately, Ferri’s now turned her hand to bags: simple, pretty purses without any ostentation, that let bold, vintage prints do the talking.

On a recent afternoon, the soignée Italian designer, decked out in whites of her own creation and accessorized with charms from the distinguished Milanese jewelry house Villa, visits four of her friends to drop off her new totes. Her first stop is the home of actress and model Eva Riccobono, set to appear in the forthcoming film Niente Può Fermarci with Gérard Depardieu. Riccobono immediately takes a fancy to a pretty blue-and-white checkered bag framed in red calfskin, with appropriate proportions for the theatrical tomes she’s currently wheeling around on her bicycle. Ferri then scoots across town to visit her sister-in-law Matilde Borromeo. Ferri knows exactly which purse will suit her willowy relation, a keen show-jumper. Inside Borromeo’s quirky and extraordinarily outfitted dining room, Ferri’s playful horse-motif bag is the ideal bait for Borromeo to throw on the perfect pair of black leather ankle boots (found at equestrian shop Il Cavallo). The energetic mom-of-two fills in her sister-in-law about forthcoming plans—show-jumping trials (pleasure) and brainstorming meetings about the launch of a microbrewery in the city together with her husband, Antonius von Fürstenberg (business)—before heading to the family’s country residence in Costa Rossa, Pavia.

Then it’s off to see Cecilia Bringheli, a budding entrepreneur who founded the handsome footwear label C.B. Made in Italy that has a cultish following in Milan. Her charming, new (and secretive) store is home to rows of wonderful leather slippers guaranteed to find themselves in glamorous seaside locations this August. Ferri proceeds to try on several of the handmade flats, her eyes drawn to a pair with tapestry floral uppers. “Let’s do something together,” she says excitedly.

Ferri’s final stop is with Carlotta Saibene, creative director and textile designer for Canepa, in her lush garden in the city’s tony Via Gesù. Carlotta, in a natty striped jacket from new designer Saidiblu, suggests that several of Saibene’s handwoven cashmere scarves would suit Ferri’s daisy-print bag, which incidentally also matches the garden’s expansive daisy-strewn lawn. Landscape accessorizing—not a bad way to kick-start the summer.

For more information, visit martaferri.com

vogue.com