Bellazon

Sushmita Sen
Thumbnail

Rani_7

• 2 months later...

Randeep teaches Sush horse riding

Randeep Riding high on Passion! Randeep is back in the news and hopefully in circulation, too. But this time, it's his friendship revival with his ex-girlfriend, Sushmita Sen which is making for interesting fodder. We hear that the Hooda hunk is teaching Sushmita horse riding for her role in Rani Ki Jhansi.

A friend of Randeep told us that it's nothing unusual. "Randeep owns two horses and when he is not shooting for films that is, he often goes horse riding." Well, let's hope these tuitions help revive lost love, and don't end as night mares.

Sushmita Sen & Rene

Sushmita Sen Link-ups, gossip and rumors. Nothing seems to deter this Diva of all times. She might not be doing big banner films all the time, but Sushmita Sen can boast of more fans that most celebrities can only imagine. The epitome of style and panache speaks to us about her relationship with daughter Rene and their plans this Diwali.

What is your relationship with your daughter Rene like?

Sushmita: It is that of a teacher and student. She is my teacher. I learn from her on how to be a better person. We don't share a traditional mother-daughter relationship. We are allowed to scold each other if required. She scolds me more than I do her.

Do your personal relationships affect your relationship with Rene?

Sushmita: No. Why should they? Rene perfectly understands my personal relationships because she is a part of them as well. There are no secrets between us. Rene is wiser than her age and she knows the importance of relationships.

How do the two of you plan to celebrate Diwali?

Sushmita: Rene and I love Diwali. Usually, we do a lot of Diwali shopping like lights, diyas, sweets and gifts. But this time, I am going to be out of the country and she is coming with me. It will be the same but in a different land.

What are your festive shopping plans?

Sushmita: I haven't done any shopping yet because I have been so busy. But it is generally the usual stuff. Clothes, sweets and jewelery. Every year Rene and I gift each other something special. Let's see what's in store this year.

Any fond childhood memories of Diwali?

Sushmita: Every Diwali holds fond memories for me. The time spent with my family, eating Bengali sweets, bursting crackers. Diwali symbolizes life and spirit for me.

Are you happy with your life? Is it how you planned it 10 years ago?

Sushmita: I never planned my life. But yes, with God's grace it is going better than I expected. I have woken up to the feeling that everything is in my hands and I can make anything happen. Every moment in life has prepared me for where I am right now. I couldn't be luckier and I count my blessings everyday.

Are you dating anybody?

Sushmita: (Laughs) When I will date somebody, you will hear about it. Trust me!

What is your idea of a perfect man?

Sushmita: There is no such thing as perfection. I am not perfect. He should be perfect in his imperfections.

Haven't you been lying a little low where your work scene is concerned?

Sushmita: No, I don't think so. I am just doing things at my own pace and not rushing into things. I don't believe in restricting myself into one area only. There is loads happening, which you will know in due time.

If there were anything that you could be doing right now, what would it be?

Sushmita: Giving this interview.

I'm Expert on HIV: Sushmita Sen

Trust Sushmita to do the unexpected. The actress has taken the upkeep of her deceased Man-Friday 's wife and two sons on her self. Reluctant to talk about her philanthropic side Sushmita finally reveals, "The one good thing that came out of this whole experience was my rapport with my former staffer Ashutosh (name changed) and his wife Namrata (name changed) and their two sons.

I'm full of such admiration for this woman of 29. She's younger and far less urbane than me. But her wisdom and her acumen in the face of such imminent tragedy just makes feel so small."

IBlessedly both the staffer's children have tested negative. "But the lady is in an advanced stage of HIV Positive. I'm getting her the best treatment possible. Perhaps with treatment she'll live 5-7 years. But her spirit is unbroken."

IWhen you express admiration for her courageous helping-hand towards an indomitably courageous woman who would've probably died without proper health care, Sushmita rejoins, "On the contrary she's helping my conscience to get lighter, I feel guilty that I knew nothing about Ashutosh's illness. He was too scared to tell me. Namrata was warned no one should know about his condition, least of all me. He thought I'd be very upset by the nature of his illness. He came to meet me shortly before he died. He looked very ill. I thought he had jaundice. He asked me for financial help. I knew there was something seriously wrong. I tried to get in touch with his wife. But couldn't. The next thing I knew Ashutosh was in a coma."

ISushmita did get to speak to her trusted dying staffer once before he died. "He got out of his coma long enough to speak to me once on the cell-phone. He heard me, and he cried. 24 Hours afterwards he died. The next day I flew in from Goa to do his last rites."

IThe wife and the children had to be tested for AIDS. It was one of the most horrific periods of Sushmita's life. "I not only had to deal with the death of a staffer I loved immensely, I also had to break the news of his wife's illness to her at the cremation itself. This entire harrowing incident was so unexpected."

IToday the dead man's ill wife and healthy children are under Sushmita's care. "It's hard to keep her free from infections. I'm doing my best to keep her intact. Today I'm an expert on HIV positive."

IOn brighter note, "A look at my daughter's delight as she watches Pocahontas and I regain my spirit. God bless Walt Disney.

SRK and Sushmita to sizzle again

Laugh riot: Shah Rukh Khan and Sushmita Sen will come together with another serving of laughter and romance. After Main Hoon Na the unanimous opinion was Shah Rukh Khan and Sushmita Sen made a sizzling pair. They are coming together once again in Dulha Mil Gaya . Shah Rukh and I are getting together again in Dulha Mil Gaya , though Shah Rukh only makes a guest appearance in the film, says Sushmita.

The superstar makes a special appearance opposite Sushmita. Thats been organised completely by producer Viveck Vaswani. It has got nothing to do with me. Its a romantic comedy. The actually reason Im doing it is the director Mudassar Aziz. He wrote the songs of Zindaggi Rocks . I feel he has tremendous potential. When I heard the script, I just fell for it. I guess Im an emotional sucker, she adds.

This is not for the first time that the actress is working with a debutant director. Ive become the first film queen. Look at the number of times Ive worked with debutant directors. However, let me add Mudassars script is outstanding.

In addition, Sushmita has agreed to do another film with comedy king David Dhawan. Thats been in the offing for a while. He has to finish his two current films. Then were on. David is someone I can never say no to.

This is her third film with Salman Khan Dhawan team after super hits Biwi No. 1 and Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya ? I love working with him. Weve such a beautiful equation. Hes one hero who doesnt let me feel my height. On the contrary, whenever I kick off my high heels, he asks me to put them on. Its not hard to see why hes so loved.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sushmita salutes Pan Nalin

Pan Nalin's Samsara hit Indian households with Sushmita Sen releasing the album at Guestline Days last evening. The actress admitted that when she had seen the film, what excited her most about the project was the fact that the director was Indian. Expressing her delight at the film finally seeing Indian shores after grossing 100 crore the world over, Sushmita held the audience enthralled with her words.

Sushmita was at her suave best and was scintillatingly beautiful. She was in awe of Nalins Samsara and stated that it was truly a tribute to India. The first thing that I looked for was who did this film? Was he Indian? I was amazed at the quality of filmmaking.

When quizzed about Rani Ki Jhansi , she stated that turning director for her was absolutely unintentional and that she would personally answer all queries the next time around. Sushmita also did mention a line or two on her upcoming Dulha Mil Gaya. Muddasar Aziz makes his debut as director with Dulha Mil Gaya. He is one of the most hardworking directors around and things will be smooth as soon as we get Shahrukhs dates. In fact, I have always made my career out of new directors so Im not worried.

Well, looks like Sushmita is all positive; be it the controversy surrounding Shahrukhs dates or the progess of Rani Ki Jhansi.