Bellazon

ShahRukh Khan
Thumbnail

Rani_7

Hrithik Roshan joins Sunny, Shah Rukh

He should have known better after Sunny Deol’s bravado in the ‘80s and Shah Rukh Khan’s foolhardiness in the ‘90s led them to chronic problems with their backs and necks respectively. But the mix of professionalism and (uncalled for) daring has made Hrithik Roshan join the two superstars in becoming a chronic sufferer.

Hrithik Roshan had torn a ligament in his right knee pushing himself for the action scenes of his career-biggest hits Krrish and Dhoom:2 last year and is paying for his foolishness for not giving it rest and time to heal.

“I thought that we are heroes and pain does not matter,” says Hrithik who continued to work on Jodhaa-Akbar despite the alarming signs.

The actor had been neglecting treatment so far, despite medical advice and his physiotherapist's instructions and has to pay for it with six weeks of inertia. He has taken off to Singapore for ‘rigorous recuperation, rest and physiotherapy sessions, which took a backseat as the shoots of his first historical film kept extending.

Says Hrithik, "While working towards fulfilling my commitments to all my work in ads films, I did not much care about my knee pain and my doctors’ advice not to put any stress on it and take complete rest if I wanted it to heal. But I am giving my health priority, so that future commitments do not suffer.”

On Hrithik’s plate at the moment are a role in Samir Karnik’s “Mera Bharat Mahaan”, the next film on “Krrish”, for which rumours say Deepika Padukone is being considered for the female lead, and a 3-film deal with Adlabs.

Shah Rukh Khan May Now Promote Squash Too

In an attempt to revive squash from the dungeons, Bollywood superstar ShahRukh Khan is willing to promote the game during the 21st World men's Team Championship starting in Chennai from today.

India will take on archrivals Pakistan today and SRK is expected to be present during the match.

'King Khan' has expressed his desire to watch the India-Pakistan match, N Ramachandran, Chairman, organising committee and President of the Squash Rackets Federation of India (SRFI) said Wednesday.

However, the Bollywood star is yet to confirm his appearance at the event.

"It (confirmation) is expected anytime," he said at a press conference in Chennai.

After playing the role of a hockey coach in Chak De India , SRK's presence at some of the Indo-Pak cricket matches had created a controversy following an allegation by BCCI saying that the star maybe using the occasion to promote his films.

India has Kenya and debutant Bermuda besides Pakistan in their group-G.

Six-time champions Pakistan and the hosts India, who had finished 11th in the last edition of the championship in Islamabad in 2005, are likely to sail through the main draw easily.

The top two teams in each group will make it through to the final 16.

Though Pakistan is seeded seventh as compared to India's 10th seeding, the former's standard has taken a dip on the international scene.

Chak De To Promote 2010 World Cup

Buoyed by the role played by `Chak De! India` in popularizing hockey in the country, the international hockey federation is contemplating using the blockbuster to promote the 2010 men`s world cup to be held in India.

Bowled over by the ShahRukh Khan-starrer, FIH President Els Van Breda Vriesman said the mega event could be named after the film to woo hockey fans.

"`Chak De` is really a great film, inspiring and highly successful. Indian audiences have received it overwhelmingly and we are thinking of utilising the opportunity it provides for us for the 2010 men`s world cup. In fact, we will name our campaign suitably after the film," Vriesman was quoted as saying by a website.

Vriesman said Shah Rukh could be roped in for publicity of the event and FIH was ready to bear the expenses associated with hiring the star.

"Even he may opt to co-operate with us in the interest of the sport. He is assertive in the film, and very attractive too," she said.

Vriesman became a huge fan of the movie as well as Shah Rukh after watching it with Dutch sub-titles. Recollecting dialogues of the movie, she said the episode when coach Kabir Khan makes the players understand the essence of playing for the country is the best moment in the film.

"Really Bollywood makes good sense. This is really a very good film, picturised in a grand way. But I don`t think any real player is involved, as I know many of the current Indian women hockey team members," she said

SRK Is Entertainment Business Leader Of The Year

CNBC-TV18's India Business Leader Awards salute the spirit of showbiz by announcing for the first time, the Entertainment Business Leader of the year award.

His latest film is one of the film industry's biggest grosser ever. He is known as a marketer par excellence and he is one of India’s best-known global brands!

Super star ShahRukh Khan this year pulled out all stops to ensure the success of his film - Om Shanti Om. The film in its first week grossed Rs 75 crore. His company Red Chillies Entertainment, that has produced films like Paheli and Main Hoon Na has ambitious plans of being an independent production company with a special focus on special effects.

According to ShahRukh Khan, Actor & Producer, “They may have big budgets, big banners but I have ShahRukh Khan! And I will ensure that Red Chillies never has to give way to any production - whether it's Sony or Columbia.”

A first generation film star and producer, ShahRukh Khan has carved out his success single-handedly. The young man from Delhi came to the Hindi film industry, fifteen years ago armed with just his unflagging energy, grit, talent and charm. Today, he has managed to blaze a trail right to the top of the competitive family oriented industry. The people's star ShahRukh Khan is one of the most popular brand ambassadors today and as the host of KBC earlier this year; his career came full circle to television where it all started. So what is the secret to his success?

“Hunger, you need to do have the hunger to succeed, I always tell.” he said.

Join us on December 7th to salute the man who embodies the spirit of entertainment.