Thumbnail

ALPAT

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

April 1, 2020.

Meet Natalie Kelly

personal_photo-116-1000x600.thumb.jpeg.3295f863d9ff8e932f0f7f1107a3d57a.jpeg

Today we’d like to introduce you to Natalie Kelly.

Natalie, can you briefly walk us through your story – how you started and how you got to where you are today.
Ever since I was young, I had always wanted to become a model but never knew how to get there. While my family and I lived in Michigan for a few years, my mom found a local modeling agency that encouraged me to go to a modeling competition in New York City called IMTA, International Model and Talent Association. At IMTA, I won the overall award for the whole competition and that’s where I was scouted by all of the top modeling agencies. At the time, I was 14 years old and I met with several top agencies in New York City but I was too young for that market. I visited with more agencies in Miami, which is considered a secondary market where I would have a better chance of getting signed with an agency and get the experience I needed. I signed with NEXT Models Miami as my mother agent and I am so happy with this decision as they are one of the best agencies, if not the best, in Miami.

Now at 16 years old, I am working on gaining exposure and experience through local jobs and test shoots. One of my favorite jobs I have done so far was a photoshoot for Dillard’s, where my photos were used for their holiday campaign and displayed in all of the Dillard’s stores across America. I feel so honored when I go shopping at Dillard’s and see my photo displayed. My plan, for now, is to continue gaining experience until I turn 18. At 18, many more opportunities will come for me and I will be able to work in a high-fashion market such as NYC, Milan and Paris. My goal is to live in New York one day, work for all of the top designer brands, and most importantly, I have always had the main goal of becoming a Victoria Secret model. My goals are high, but I believe that as long as I stay determined and work hard, I will reach these goals one day.

Has it been a smooth road?
I fortunately have not had many serious struggles on my modeling journey so far. The only thing I can think of is that since I am just 16, I am still in school, which does create conflict sometimes. I do online college so my schedule is very flexible but the workload is still a lot and I have had to turn down some modeling jobs because of this.

We’d love to hear more about your work.
I am a model working out of Miami Beach and my agency is NEXT Models Miami. My work consists of photoshoots for companies products anywhere from skin-care products to clothing and I have also done runway shows.

Let’s touch on your thoughts about our city – what do you like the most and least?
I just love the atmosphere of Miami Beach. I always have such a good time whenever I come to Miami for jobs. However, my favorite thing about Miami is all of the wonderful food. Every time I’m in Miami, I have to make sure I go to all of my favorite restaurants. My least favorite part about Miami has to be all of the traffic, but it is worth it as long as I’m in Miami.

Source Voyage MIA.

http://voyagemia.com/interview/meet-natalie-kelly-south-beach/