Bellazon

Linda Evangelista
Thumbnail

dcrim

Thank you very much Doosia! :flower:   Gorgeous shot! :wub2:  And the first things that came to mind when I saw this was that once again, Linda is styled by in Commes de Garcon,  just as she was in Vogue Japan.

And she's even wearing the same leggings she wore in Vogue Japan :D

Anyone know if Linda's cover is just the subscriber cover or whatever? I just looked at the Bazaar website and they've got 3 different September covers: Lady Gaga, Penelope Cruz, and Linda. So I'm thinking that Gaga's cover will be the official one, no?

I'm sure there will be at least one more Bazaar September cover for Linda. :yes:   There are 29 other editions in the world with the option of using either of the 19 portraits in Carine's portfolio.

And of course there are still the September covers for Vogue USA and Vogue Italia that have yet to be revealed! :gocho:    Wshful thinking of course.  But I have a feeling the American Vogue cover is going to to go Karlie Kloss and possibly more of the younger generation of models.  Who knows? :idk:

October 1985, Paris, France --- French designer Sonia Rykiel shows her 1986 spring-summer women's ready-to-wear line in Paris. Model Linda Evangelista is wearing an orange plaid suit and matching top hat. --- Image by © Pierre Vauthey/Sygma/Corbis

post-36986-0-42954100-1407203504_thumb.j

^Now THIS is REALLY interesting to me.  I didn't know Linda was doing runway all the back to 1986!  Wow! Oh...wait!  If this is for SS 1986, then she must have walked this show in 1985!  Holeeeee!!  :|  :D  Thanks, spiral! :flower:

Wow!  FAMAMOCA, you're digging up some old stuff!  Well, for Linda 1997-98 isn't that old. :laugh:  Thanks!  :flower:   

one more from Dior F/W 1998
(source: Pinterest)

Thank you, Doosia!

I can't wait to get my hands on this issue!! :woot:  I'm still in disbelief that Linda is back on the cover of Harpers Bazaar!  Thanks so much, brazillianaffair:flower:

LINDA EVANGELISTA'S BEAUTY SECRETS
The 49 year-old supermodel reveals what goes into her beauty routine. Plus, see Evangelista in BAZAAR's September cover shoot .

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/beauty/makeup-articles/linda-evangelista-0914?%3Fsrc=rss

Very interesting what Linda said about her hair.  The fact that it's as long as it was in 1987 and that she mentioned that she's "wigged" all the time now for photo shoots.  Thanks, Tito! :flower:

^Now THIS is REALLY interesting to me.  I didn't know Linda was doing runway all the back to 1986!  Wow! Oh...wait!  If this is for SS 1986, then she must have walked this show in 1985!  Holeeeee!!  :|  :D  Thanks, spiral! :flower:

Yeah, she first walked the Paris runways in 1985 -- or maybe even in 1984. Here's a clip from Chanel in 1985. The image quality is not so good though. :/

post-36986-0-64621900-1407457449_thumb.jpost-36986-0-10564700-1407457510_thumb.j

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J0QKaFoDmI

Here's a great quote about Linda from Franca Sozzani that was published today. :heart:

"I loved Steven Meisel photographing Linda Evangelista as Katharine Hepburn and Sophia Loren," Sozzani says, recalling a couple of her favorite shoots. "At that time there was no Internet, but I was getting letters asking me what would happen to the magazine if Linda got sick. Because it was all about Linda Evangelista. Her face had the most possibilities. Katharine Hepburn and Sophia Loren? Tell me two more different people. For me, she is the model, not only for her beauty, but her attitude, her intelligence. Linda is like Veruschka, or Twiggy. Fashion has seen thousands of beautiful girls, but we will never forget her."

source

^spiral, That is such a really nice quote from Franca Sozzani!  I am still stunned when I look at those editorials when Linda transformed into Katherine Hepburn and Sophia Loren!  :|  Linda kicked a$$ in both of those editorials! :lullaby:

But something else that I got out of that article was that they mentioned Vogue Italia will be celebrating its 50th anniversary this Fall.  So that means either the September or October issues will be special editions.  And I suspect that Linda will a big part of that celebration.  Another cover...?  ;)  :drool:

Oh, and thanks for posting that 1985 Chanel show. :flower:   OMG, that is ancient! :shock: