Bellazon

Behati Prinsloo
Thumbnail

Nath

Becoming an Angel is an honour because of the calibre of women who have worn those wings before

“There’s such a small amount of girls who are part of it, and they have such amazing and hardworking reputations. I remember when I started with the brand in 2007 how much I looked up to the women. It’s such an amazing place where you want to be as a model. It’s a career goal.”

We’re not taught how to walk in the wings

“Obviously, if you have any issues during fitting, the designers help to make them more comfortable. I am lucky this year that my wings are very light, but I think ultimately, it’s about working out and feeling strong in anything you wear.”

Pre-show training is rigorous

“A typical training day would include cardio and weight training. I would work out about four times a week and then take a couple of days off and eat very clean. My body responds well to high protein with veggies. The week prior, I cut out pasta, which is so hard because it’s my favourite.”

It can’t be described as a fashion show

“It’s a completely different event. You can’t compare it to any other show. You can’t really call it a fashion show because it’s a performance. It’s like when you go to a concert and watch everyone performing and you just want to rock out. It also allows you to be yourself and bring out your personality. I love that it’s like that. It’s bigger than life.”

Growing older has only strengthened my relationship with VS

“My experience with the brand has grown better and better. You have such friendships with people and they’re very loyal. They have always believed in me. When I went in for my fitting, someone even said, ‘Welcome home.’ That’s exactly how it felt.”

I definitely have moments of insecurity

“I pull strength from knowing everyone has them. After having two daughters, I now feel like any insecurities I have are really me in my own head and internalised. No one else sees it and they love me no matter what and that’s what drives me to get over it.”

Femininity to me means being strong

“It also means being proud of who you are as a person. The first thing that comes to mind is strength and power. Women have such a power to literally change the world. It’s such an exciting time in history for us.”

My favourite show performance wasn't, in fact, my husband Adam Levine

"I would say one of my favourite performances was Rihanna. I think that was an amazing show. Spice Girls was my first show so it’s always memorable. Bruno Mars was amazing too… there are just so many good ones!"