Bellazon

Carrie Underwood
Thumbnail

^ you're welcome :)

Carrie Underwood Heading To Persian Gulf

Country music star Carrie Underwood has signed up to entertain troops on her first United Service Organizations tour of the Persian Gulf.

Underwood, the 2005 "American Idol" winner who was recently named CMA Female Vocalist of the Year and nominated for two Grammy Awards, will perform for and meet with service members on the tour.

Exact dates and locations of her shows in the gulf region were not made public by the USO.

"There are no details and no dates for safety and security reasons," publicist Jessie Schmidt of Nashville, Tenn., said Monday.

"They never release exactly where the tours are happening, or exactly when they're happening. All I can share is that it is sometime before too long from now. But I don't even know the exact locations that she's going in the Persian Gulf," Schmidt said.

Schmidt said USO officials approached Underwood, originally of Checotah, Okla., about touring the Persian Gulf region several months ago and plans have been in place "for quite some time."

"She is completely excited about it," Schmidt said. "She does have some band members that are able to go with her over there, so they're just all really jazzed.

"When she does return from the tour we can say that she's just come back, and hopefully we'll have some photos that they'll service to the press from over there as well," Schmidt said.

Underwood also was seen Monday on a segment of the Oprah Winfrey Show taped last week, performing her hit song, "Jesus Take the Wheel," and joining fellow guests Tony Bennett, Josh Groban and Michael Buble for a rendition of Stevie Wonder's "For Once in My Life."

Source:Encore

• 2 weeks later...

Carrie Underwood Goes Public With New Quarterback Boyfriend!

Dallas Cowboys Tony Romo was rumored to be secretly dating Jessica Simpson earlier this year, but now the star quarterback is coming clean about the new blond in his life.

American Idol champ Carrie Underwood, who released one of the most successful albums of 2006, surprised sportsgoers on Christmas day with her appearance at Texas Stadium, where she was seen with Romo and gave him a hug on the field before his game against the the Philadelphia Eagles. (The Cowboys lost.)

Now, In Touch Weekly reports that Tony has confirmed that he and Carrie are a couple in an interview the Journal Gazette/Times-Courier, a small-town paper in Charleston, Ill., where he played college football.

Sports editor Brian Nielsen says, "After I asked him all my usual football questions, I said, 'My wife really wants to know if the Jessica Simpson dating rumors are true.'" He laughed and replied, 'No. Tell her I'm dating Carrie Underwood.'"

Source:PerezHilton

Last year, Kelly Clarkson walked out of the People’s Choice Awards with the trohpy for favorite female singer.

This year, another Idol alum claimed the same prize.

Carrie Underwood enjoyed the honor during last night’s broadcast. She beat out Faith Hill and Shakira for the award. Meanwhile, Underwood’s “Before He Cheats” was also voted favorite country song.

The show itself also took home hardware.

American Idol was voted the favorite competition/reality show for the second year in a row, besting ABC’s Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and NBC’s Deal or No Deal. The award was accepted by judge Randy Jackson.

• 1 month later...