Bellazon

Iron Man 2 (2010)

Michael*

MV5BMTM0MDgwNjMyMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTg3NzAzMw@@._V1_.jpg

Iron Man 2

Release Date: May 7, 2010
Director: Jon Favreau

Synopsis

With the world now aware of his identity as Iron Man, Tony Stark must contend with both his declining health and a vengeful mad man with ties to his father's legacy.

Cast

Robert Downey Jr. - Tony Stark

Gwyneth Paltrow - Pepper Potts

Don Cheadle - James 'Rhodey' Rhodes

Scarlett Johansson - Natalie Rushman / Natasha Romanoff

Sam Rockwell - Justin Hammer

Mickey Rourke - Ivan Vanko

Samuel L. Jackson - Nick Fury

Clark Gregg - Agent Coulson

John Slattery - Howard Stark

Garry Shandling - Senator Stern

Paul Bettany - JARVIS

Kate Mara - U.S. Marshal

Leslie Bibb - Christine Everhart

Jon Favreau - Happy Hogan

Just recently rewatched IM2 and honestly, I didn't think it was as bad as it was made out to be at the time. It's certainly the weakest of the Iron Man trilogy and perhaps the MCU, but taken in isolation it's still a decent watch. Would have benefited a lot from stronger development of Whiplash and a hell of a lot more Sam Rockwell.

On 11/10/2017 at 1:08 PM, Michael* said:

Just recently rewatched IM2 and honestly, I didn't think it was as bad as it was made out to be at the time. It's certainly the weakest of the Iron Man trilogy and perhaps the MCU, but taken in isolation it's still a decent watch. Would have benefited a lot from stronger development of Whiplash and a hell of a lot more Sam Rockwell.

I agree it's the weakest Iron Man movie, which is a surprise with Favreau in charge. It had a chance to be good, but just fell short of being consistently good throughout the movie.

On 11/10/2017 at 2:29 PM, jkjk said:

I agree it's the weakest Iron Man movie, which is a surprise with Favreau in charge. It had a chance to be good, but just fell short of being consistently good throughout the movie.

I think perhaps they tried a little too hard to make it like the original Iron Man, so it doesn't find a groove as easily as the first one did.

Don Cheadle did a good job of replacing Terrence Howard, though. I actually liked Howard's version of Rhodey a lot, but much like Ruffalo's Hulk it's since become quite hard to imagine anyone except Cheadle in the role.