Bellazon

Michael Schumacher
Thumbnail

Nemeside

Thanks for the pics! I'm new to the forum (but I've lurked for a while!)

I've been a Michael fan since 27.03.1994 :heart: I was 12 at the time and grew up watching him race. Not to sound too sentimental but I owe a fair bit to him...he showed that if you keep trying and never give up you'll succeed (I needed this to get through my law degree in 2003!) and that loyalty really does pay off :wub:

I was lucky enough to meet him in 1998. He was alot narrower than I expected :laugh: but he was really lovely...I was totally starstruck when I met him and ended up screaming "OMIGODOMIGODILOVEYOUSOMUCHGOODLUCKONSUNDAY!!!" at him :laugh: He laughed and signed my book (Formula for Success)..then he looked up at me and winked :o

So thanks a lot for all the pics...it broke my heart when he retired (who would have thought Michael could win a race...Alonso DNF and I'd still cry? :cry: ) ....I'm just glad he's happy :)

Wembley confirmed as RoC host again

The Race of Champions will take place at the Wembley Stadium again this year, after organisers confirmed the deal following their first event in 2007.

Last year, Wembley replaced Paris as the usual venue for the end-of-year event, which will see some of the world's fastest drivers compete against each other in identical machinery.

Wembley's pitch will again be covered in almost 2,000 tonnes of tarmac to create a circuit for the event, which will take place on 14 December.

Seven-time F1 champion Michael Schumacher has already signed up to return to the race.

"The great thing about The Race of Champions is that whether you win or lose it's a lot of fun - all the drivers really enjoy themselves and, because they're so close to the action, the crowd love it too", said Schumacher.

"Whatever the result, I'm proud to support ICM, who are dedicated to research on brain and spinal cord disorders. I hope that I can help The Race of Champions' organisers raise awareness and funds for a very important cause."

The president of event organisers IMP, Fredrik Johnsson, was delighted to get the event to stay at Wembley.

"British fans have a great passion for motorsport, and really embraced The Race of Champions when we brought the event to the UK for the first time last year," he said.

"We looked at proposals from several venues around the world but, as Wembley is such a unique and fantastic venue, plus the fact that we got extremely positive feedback from spectators last December, it was the best choice for 2008.

"Together with Wembley we've tried to improve ticketing this year. With a 50% reduction for children and lowered prices in several ticket categories, the event is even better value for all, especially families.

"Another thing we've improved is that fans can now choose exactly where they want to sit from the moment they book."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/68622

:wub:

Former Formula One World Champion Michael Schumacher could be playing Champions League football if a San Marino club has its way.

Murata take on Gothenburg in the first qualifying round in what will be only their second appearance in Europe's premier club competition.

Coach Massimo Agostini convinced former Roma and Brazil star Aldair to join in time for the club's foray into Europe last season and is eager to bring in Schumacher and Brazilian legend Romario in time for this year's campaign.

Aldair has already sounded out his former Brazil team-mate, while seven-time World Champion Schumacher is a keen footballer and often makes appearances in charity football matches.

"I don't think we'll manage to get them, but it would certainly be a pleasure to be able to count on them," Agostini told Italian sports daily Gazzetta dello Sport.

"It would be something that would also give prestige to the squad and San Marino.

"We will therefore try, knowing that we also have to take into account the bureaucracy, maybe to have them only for the return leg."

Murata play the first leg on July 15 and all teams have to present their squad list for the match by Tuesday. The return fixture takes place on July 23.