Bellazon

Luis Figo
Thumbnail

dessi

I really have to say that the Portugal with Figo, Rui Costa, Fernando Couto was my fave of all time. I loved watching them, even when they did not win anything big in a major tournament. With Couto they had an awesome captain. Now they still have a strong midfield, pretty good defense and the same striker problem. Sure, Pauleta was great, just never in big games LOL

Now they lack a leader. :( And yes, I hate seeing Cron with Figos 7. But thats probably just me!

I really have to say that the Portugal with Figo, Rui Costa, Fernando Couto was my fave of all time. I loved watching them, even when they did not win anything big in a major tournament. With Couto they had an awesome captain. Now they still have a strong midfield, pretty good defense and the same striker problem. Sure, Pauleta was great, just never in big games LOL

Now they lack a leader. :( And yes, I hate seeing Cron with Figos 7. But thats probably just me!

No you are not alone,I know many people who hate seeing C.Ronaldo with Figo's 7 jersey as I'm just 1 of them but also as you know the jerseies of national teams are not allowed to be retired unlike club's jersies.If it was allowed then the number 7 of Portugal must be retired after legendary Figo's farewell. :cry:

Anyway there is no problem yet.In Portugal all would like to wear number 7 because many of them are inspired by Figo's unforgettable performances and now C.Ronaldo who they said is a star these days wants to wear not 9 neither 10 but just 7.He has won it but he should know if these days the number 7 seems to be loved by everyone it's not because it just the 7 but it's because that was the jersey of a legend like Figo,then he must try to learn more of Figo...

But about Portugal's golden generation and their leader Luis Figo,I can just say this:

they didn't win any major trophy despite they were deserved but they have won people's hearts forever because of their beautiful games :heart: