Bellazon

Raúl González Blanco
Thumbnail

Dama Fashion_ista

Kuranyi: Raul is better than me

Kevin Kuranyi admits his former club Schalke have taken a huge leap forwards by signing Raul as a replacement for him this summer.

Kuranyi moved to Dynamo Moscow after his contract with the Royal Blues expired last month having turned down the opportunity to extend his deal in Gelsenkirchen.

Had he remained, the chances are Schalke would not have signed Raul and Kuranyi acknowledges the fact that his departure now looks like a godsend to the Bundesliga club.

"He is a living football legend and, despite being 33, he is a better striker than me," Kuranyi told the Bild am Sonntag newspaper.

"You have got to face the facts. Raul has won the Spanish title and Champions League several times and I have got to recognise that.

"And strikers usually hit their peak after around 28 so my best time is yet to come."

Kuranyi is also convinced that Raul will do what he failed to do with the Royal Blues and fire them to their first ever Bundesliga title next season.

"Unfortunately, I was unable to reach this goal in five years in Gelsenkirchen," he added.

"Definitely (with Raul) the title (is possible)."

Kuranyi made his official debut for Dynamo in the Russian Premier League yesterday, but could not help them to more than a 1-1 draw with Krylya Sovetov.

Nevertheless, he hopes to set the Russian league on fire this season and convince Germany coach Joachim Low to give him a second chance with the national team.

"I am not giving up and I want to get back into this team," he said. "I know that I will probably have to give a little more than my rivals, but I want to do it.

"I will perform so that my goals will recommend me for a place in the national team."

Oh how humble of Kuranyi. *rolls eyes* That guy, really. I think they found a great replacement for him by Raul and he knows that. So what else is there left to say really?

It pains me to see him in Schalke but i think he would've done it in his best interests. I hope u guys dont forget Real...by that i mean u,Chic...:)

If they give Ronaldo the 7 shirt they make it really hard for me to follow them... but I for once can´t just stop following thme with at least half an eye ;)

I am sure Chic won´t turn away totally aswell :)