Bellazon

Raúl González Blanco
Thumbnail

Dama Fashion_ista

Raúl González Blanco se ha despedido de la afición madridista en el Palco de Honor del Santiago Bernabéu, su casa durante 18 años. Tras un emotivo discurso en el que dio las gracias a todos los que han compartido su carrera como jugador madridista y a su familia y amigos, el ex capitán del Real Madrid bajó al césped para dar las gracias a los aficionados que se dieron cita en las gradas del estadio. Raúl se ha emocionado y llorado, discretamente observado por sus 5 hijos y su mujer Mamen Sanz

says Mamen and the kids were there yesterday? if it's true hopefully we can find photos :Angel:

97539690353406.jpg 269e4290353408.jpg f5648990353412.jpg 4891b090353414.jpg e9eae890353416.jpg c3bb4e90353419.jpg 0b1e4590353422.jpg 0d926a90353425.jpg 60605a90353428.jpg cd637e90353431.jpg 94b06590353433.jpg 8b4f1490353437.jpg 96a5ab90353440.jpg af9dcf90353444.jpg 23ec4990353448.jpg 83a55890353451.jpg

He said he had decided to leave the club before the end of the season, it wasn't something that just happened. The club, Mourinho had asked him to stay but he said he spoke to all his family and friends and decided this was his last chance to experience something new. He said you can't choose how you finish your career because someone asked would he had liked to leave like Zidane did on the field. His most difficuly opponent was Pep Guardiola ;) It's a new chapter for him and he is looking forward to it. He said the kids are all very sad because they are huge RM fans and they asked him if they will still watch RM :wub:

wait. where it was written? marca, as? could you send me a link. I need it for my work. please Chic :heart:

wait. where it was written? marca, as? could you send me a link. I need it for my work. please Chic :heart:

no it was just the moments i picked up from his press conference ;) i'm sure if you find his interviews that have been in the press they might have those moments too :flower:

ok ok, I will find it hopefully. Thanks !

Raul looking forward to great Schalke fans

e908a290553886.jpg

Though he has yet to play for the Royal Blues, there can be no doubt that Raul is already a crowd favourite. Just a few minutes after he had signed his new contract, schalke04.com asked Spain's most prolific goalscorer about his emotions, his reasons for joining Schalke and his targets at his new club.

Hello Raul, welcome to Schalke. Lots of fans came to the VELTINS Arena to witness your official unveiling. What was it like to enter the stadium for the first time as a Schalke player?

It was overwhelming. I'd like to thank all the supporters who came to the Arena especially to see me. It's a very special day for me. An era in Madrid has come to an end, a new one in Schalke has begun. I'd like to thank Schalke 04 and Felix Magath for the trust they have shown in me and obviously I'd like to repay this trust. My target is quite clearly to celebrate some major successes with this club and its fantastic fans over the next two years.

You've been linked with several clubs all over the world in the last few weeks and months. What made you decide to join Schalke?

Primarily the huge interest the club showed in me over several months. I sensed from the outset that Schalke were trying very hard to get me. That impressed me. I had other offers but in the end the decision was an easy one. I'm now looking forward to getting to know a new country along with my family. My first impressions of Germany and especially the people at Schalke are very positive.

Real Madrid's new coach Jose Mourinho is said to have tried very hard to persuade you to stay towards the end…

That's right. The two of us had another meeting but by that time I'd already decided to seek another challenge at Schalke. I had a fantastic time in Madrid, one I will never forget and will always look back on with fondness. But now I'm ready for something new.

Schalke are one of the biggest teams in Germany. How much do you know about your new club?

A lot, as I've obviously been studying the club history. I've also been gathering information on my new team-mates. I want to be very successful with them, after all. In Christoph Metzelder I'm meeting a familiar face as we've already played together in Madrid. He told me lots of good things about Schalke as well. I'm already looking forward to playing in front of these fantastic fans for the first time.

Have you had time to concern yourself with the Bundesliga?

Of course. For me Germany has one of the best leagues in the world. I'm particularly fascinated by how evenly matched the teams are. The Bundesliga is certainly capable of holding its own internationally, as we saw recently in the European competitions. On top of that the stadiums are always full and the atmosphere is superb every time.

What are your personal targets with the Royal Blues?

It's not about me primarily, it's about the success of the team as a whole. I want to be challenging at the top of the league, go a very long way in the DFB Cup and at least get through the group phase of the Champions League. To achieve all these targets together with my team-mates, I want to score lots of goals.

In the all-time list of leading scorers in European competition you are joint top with Filippo Inzaghi on 68 goals. Do you hope to have the record to yourself very soon?

That would be great, of course. Obviously I'm aiming to get the odd goal or two in the Champions League as well, but as I said before, the success of the team is what's important. I'm a team player!

Allow us to ask one more question. Do you speak any German yet?

Ein wenig [a little]. I want to learn the language as quickly as possible to be able to communicate with my team-mates and the fans. It won't easy, but I'll manage it because I want to feel at home here. And to do that you need to know the language.

:wub: gosh, it was Raul who got me to learn Spanish, now I have a feeling I'm about to start learning Deutsch :laugh: