• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

WATCH THIS FACE: CÉLINE BOULY

Ph. Luc Braquet

Every week, Bazaar's booking team highlights one name to note, from the industry's best-known faces to girls who are just starting out. This week, we turn our attention to Céline Bouly.

In the past year, French newcomer Céline Bouly has quietly built a loyal following among several of Europe's top luxury houses. Appearing on the runways of Prada, Versace, Chanel, Fendi, Topshop and JW Anderson, the 19-year-old has clearly come to represent natural elegance for an elite group of designers. Bouly also fronted the spring/summer 16 Chloé campaign.

"She is natural, simple, elegant, funny and spontaneous. I just love her," says Bettina Harst at Supreme Management. Her platinum-blonde shag haircut, full pout and cool-girl appeal is a combination that the fashion industry clearly finds irresistible.

As one of Europe's most sought-after new faces, Bouly's momentum seems sure to propel her towards some key bookings come campaign season. We chatted to her about her family, working with Karl Lagerfeld and her favourite French food.

How were you discovered?

"Last year, I sent an email to Exception Model Management in Lille and they took me on; a few months later, I was scouted by my Parisian agency, Supreme Management."

If you weren't modelling, what career would you pursue and why?

"If I wasn't a model, I think that I would have been a psychiatrist like my mother because I like helping people."

What would you say has been the highlight of your career so far?

"When I travelled to Argentina to shoot the Chloé campaign – it was so unexpected after such a short time in the industry."

How do you spend your free time?

"When I'm not modelling, I enjoy going out with my friends and love to spend time with my little brother."

Do you have any travel tips for those visiting your hometown?

"I come from a small town in the north of France and there is not a lot to do there, but I'm not very far from Lille, which is a beautiful and historical city where you can eat waffles, French fries and mussels."

What are the three products you can't live without?

My lip balm by Nuxe, which makes my lips so soft and brilliant. My perfume Lady Million by Paco Rabanne – I have had it for such a long time, I love it and I never grow tired of it. And my pink Nike trainers, as they are great for running between all of the shows!

What's your favourite form of exercise?

"I don't diet or do any sport or exercise; I am incredibly lucky to have a body that stays in the same shape."

What is your biggest dream?

"Being a model is actually my biggest dream – to have the chance to work with famous photographers is a great opportunity."

Name the five things you wouldn't leave the house without…

"I couldn't be without my phone, as I need to be able to hear news from my family at all times; my iPod because it is full of music suited to my mood; a photo of my family and a souvenir of my little brother; my lucky charms."

If you had to wear only one designer, who would it be?

"If I had to choose one designer only, it would be Karl Lagerfeld. I had the opportunity to meet and work for him for a fitting, and it was a magical moment!"

What advice would you give to new girls to the industry?

"Just be yourself, stay natural and smile. Never forget where you have come from and, at the end of the day, your family is the most precious thing that you have."

Is there a model's career that you admire and why?

"My two favourite models are Cara Delevingne and Natalia Vodianova. Cara makes me laugh so much and I admire Natalia's beauty and the career that she has made for herself."

Let's talk about favourites. What about…

…music? "All styles of music speak to me. I am very curious and open-minded."

…film? "I love movies based on true stories."

…book? "My favourite book is 'Où On Va, Papa?' by Jean-Louis Fournier."

…food? "To pay tribute to where I come from, my favourite French meals are raclette and tartiflette – you should try them!

XBt2JXGl.jpg pd3NIkkA.jpg 14ZaHqft.jpg g3DPKlA2.jpg 7DeC9DUM.jpg

source: harpersbazaar.co.uk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...