Bellazon

Lameka Fox
Thumbnail

FashionDream

How 6 Up-and Coming Victoria's Secret Models Prepared for the Most Important Fashion Show of Their Lives

this week, 52 of the world's most beautiful women descended on Paris for the 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. There are some familiar faces—Adriana Lima and Alessandra Ambrosio, for example, have each walked more than a dozen shows—but there are also a group of newcomers making their debuts. Here, 6 stand-out rookies reveal how they prepared from the show, from the moment they found out they were selected.

Lameka Fox

How did you find out you were going to be in the show?
I found out two days after the callback. My agency totally caught me off guard. I thought I was taking some digital shots, but when I walked in the room, everyone was there with cameras and balloons. My jaw was literally on the floor. You can watch the video on my Instagram!

What did you do to physically prepare?
A lot of working out and making sure my skin is clear by visiting my dermatologist, Dr. Colbert. He's based in Manhattan and he is literally a miracle worker. Also, I go to Amoy Couture in New York City and get keratin treatments every few months to keep my hair silky smooth. Kuki is the absolute best!

Did you add anything into your exercise routine?
Barre. It was a bit hard to get into but it's now one of my new favorites.

What other types of exercise did you do?
I love yoga because it brings together the mind, body, and soul. To step it up a notch and prep for the show I did a lot of Pilates and Barre. And squats with a medicine ball!

What’s your pre- and post-workout routine?
Please wash your face and DO NOT under any circumstances wear makeup to the gym. I can't stress that enough! After, I love the sauna. There is nothing better!

Have you changed your diet at all?
I believe in balance so I try not to restrict myself. I don't want to have an unhealthy relationship with food, so I follow a 7-day rule where I eat clean and then on a day of my choice I have a treat.

After the show, will you take a break?
I think I'll definitely tone it down but I believe in the mental benefits as well as the physical benefits of working out so no breaks here!

Any advice on training like a VS model?
I love JoJa's workout account. All of the models post really good tips and they're all different. I think the best thing is to find something you actually like to do so you enjoy it and it doesn't feel like a chore.

source: wmagazine

• 3 weeks later...