Bellazon

Bar Refaeli
Thumbnail

Petite-Patrie

From Allure's Beauty News Editor, Heather Muir

The Beautiful Bar Refaeli Talks Beauty

After just a few minutes into eating lunch with supermodel Bar Refaeli, it was easy to see why Escada chose her as the face of their new fragrance, Especially Escada. The flirty scent is one part zesty (pear), one part classic (rose), and one part insanely sexy (ylang ylang)—all qualities the Israeli model exudes. Over a pear salad and rose chocolate (get it?), we talked fragrance, makeup, and confidence.

Has your fragrance taste changed over the years?

"Not really—I've always liked gentle fragrances."

How would you describe Especially Escada?

"It's the kind of smell that makes you smile. It is delicate, feminine, and elegant but free-spirited. It is for a woman whose happiness is her confidence."

When do you wear this fragrance? Is it an everyday scent or one that you wear on special occasions?

"I wear it every day. I don't think there are special scents for special occasions. I like to have a smell that is mine—for both day and night."

What are some of your favorite beauty products that you always use?

"Right now, I love Nars stick blush in Orgasm, Armani mascara, and Clinique stick lip balm."

What's the best makeup tip you've learned on set?

"To put a light-colored eyeliner inside my eyes—it brightens and opens my eyes."

What does your skin-care routine consist of?

"Pretty much just cleaning it twice a day. I wash with facial soap and put on light cream after. I also try to drink a lot of water, since traveling dries my skin."

What's your favorite spa treatment?

"I don't like spas so much. I like a massage every now and then but it's usually at home."

How do you stay in shape?

"Well, I try to eat healthy. I don't stop myself from eating anything but I just feel better when I eat healthy things! I also work out, but not as often as I would like to. I travel a lot for work and I'm too tired to go to the gym in hotels. Whenever I'm in Israel, I work out four to five times a week."

Who are some of your beauty icons?

"My mom is my beauty icon! She is so happy at all times and that to me is beautiful! I like women who carry themselves with confidence but still are approachable. Princess Diana to me is a beauty icon—she had kindness in her eyes and elegance, but she was still so simple."

What's your favorite compliment you've ever received?

"I always like to hear I'm more beautiful on the inside. I also recently heard that Prince Harry likes me—that is a pretty cool compliment."

What do you do to get pumped before a big shoot?

"I sleep! I try to get in bed early, watch a movie, and rest to have energy for the next day."

http://www.allure.com/beauty-trends/blogs/...lks-beauty.html

Thanks Bigmax, Kat and Sick for for more great photos! :wave:

Thanks Prettyphile for the flattering article. I'm sure Bar will do a great job! :)

And Wijn, I'm so happy you posted all these links to watch all Ironic Iconic American segments. It is greatly appreciated! :thumbsup:

I wonder how long Bar intends to stay in New York.

Bar Refali to sell lingerie

First business initiative for international model: will design lingerie for Undeez online retail initiative. Dudi Balsar named CEO of the company which has already raised $1 million. Among investors – Gigi Levy and Iftach Wizel

International Israeli supermodel Bar Refaeli joins an online retail initiative for women's and men's undergarments. Refaeli will be the line's head designer and presenter and ex-model Dudi Balsar will serve as CEO of the initiative called Undeez.

The website is expected to be launched by December and will be available in several languages. Undeez will deal mainly with direct marketing, distribution and sales of the collection and will primarily aim for the international market.

The company has already raised $1 million and plans to hold a second financing round in the future. Among the company's prominent investors are Pioneer CEO Yuval Tal, former 888 CEO Gigi Levy and former co-owner of Fox Fashion Iftach Wizel.

Refaeli is also the presenter for Fox Fashion. Photo shoots for the new company's catalogue starring Refaeli, are scheduled for this week. The company will also produce several commercials that will be distributed on social networks.

The online retailer will offer a lingerie collection with a wide variety of colors and models including boxers, bikini cut and thongs, tank tops, bras, and short and long sleeved T-shirts.

The website will also offer men's undergarments including a variety of models of briefs, T-shirts and undershirts in a wide color range.

The collection targets an audience between the ages 18-45 and its prices will range $10-$25. Furthermore, Undeez will offer a subscriber mailing service that will automatically deliver products to subscribers several times a year.