Bellazon

Roosmarijn de Kok
Thumbnail

FashionDream

There were a lot of images posted on Instagram tagging @roosmarijndekok, I normally don't really post those often because of the (bad) quality but I couldn't help myself this time :hehe:

Behind the scenes of a shoot for C'EST MA ROBE.

Photographer: Fede Guendel

Styling: The Parisian Site

5bHSVjqU.jpg h6P20PQI.jpg rI3wj0uG.jpg CvlVsCfJ.jpg NityVOw3.jpg

Two images from a shoot by Jørgen Gomnæs. Both aren't final. ( :heart: the left one)

Photographer: Jørgen Gomnæs

Hair: Mike Desir

Makeup: Dariia Day

Rouchon Paris (studio)

stpLWusl.jpg 74xv2ivx.jpg

Two behind the scenes images from Wildfox.

N9WDyiX4.jpg PNJYK46x.jpg

Image from a shoot with Paul Morel.

3iEq3rv4.jpg

EDIT: also saw this one on a website:

rmV0KAQs.jpg

It's apparently from the Show Package - London S/S 2015: Storm (women).

It's wierd because she is called Roosmarijn Lamijn here :huh: . Lamijn isn't part of her name AFAIK and it certainly isn't here last name as suggested here. It's also not a word in Dutch either. Maybe she took it as a "model name" for a very short period?

Hm, they have that show package even on models.com.

Agencies give models other names sometimes, it happens. So that could be it. If that's the case, then it's pretty strange if you ask me, cause I prefer de Kok. I don't think Lamijn is better at all.

Anyway, thank you for all the new stuff, Flamelingo :flower:

Hm, they have that show package even on models.com.

Agencies give models other names sometimes, it happens. So that could be it. If that's the case, then it's pretty strange if you ask me, cause I prefer de Kok. I don't think Lamijn is better at all.

Me Neither! Lamijn sounds very weird haha. I think it might have been changed because Kok sounds like Cock though  :whistle: ... But you would think that if they wanted to change her name, they'd have changed here first name as well - "Roosmarijn" is quite unpronounceable for non-dutchies and sounds manly/strange/weird to some, just like Doutzen (Kroes). Roosmarijn's quite a normal name for Dutch people though, only most of the time it is spelled Rozemarijn (pronounced a bit differently as well).

Anyway, thank you for all the new stuff, Flamelingo :flower:

Thanks Flamelingo :hug:

:hug:

Found a pre-fame photo of Roosmarijn! A quite unflattering one though :rofl:

I once saw a really cute pre-fame photo of her as well but it has been deleted from the website sadly  :cry:

post-88818-0-48252900-1423154863_thumb.j 

And I found an (old) image from a party or something, don't know if I posted this one already

post-88818-0-09774200-1423155410_thumb.j

And I found a cute gif by storm models! Again, I might have posted this one already, but I don't really know anymore haha

post-88818-0-07915300-1423155556_thumb.g

Me Neither! Lamijn sounds very weird haha. I think it might have been changed because Kok sounds like Cock though  :whistle: ... But you would think that if they wanted to change her name, they'd have changed here first name as well - "Roosmarijn" is quite unpronounceable for non-dutchies and sounds manly/strange/weird to some, just like Doutzen (Kroes). Roosmarijn's quite a normal name for Dutch people though, only most of the time it is spelled Rozemarijn (pronounced a bit differently as well).

Yeah, I think the same. Even on bellazon, there were comments about her "old" surname in other threads, and they weren't the nicest ones :laugh: . And I agree, her name is quite unpronounceable for some people, but not for people of Latin origin for instance. We certainly don't have a problem with pronounciation of foreign names in Romania. We have the name Rozmarin here, not the most common name but we have it.

And thanks for the latest! :hug:

Yeah, I think the same. Even on bellazon, there were comments about her "old" surname in other threads, and they weren't the nicest ones :laugh: . And I agree, her name is quite unpronounceable for some people, but not for people of Latin origin for instance. We certainly don't have a problem with pronounciation of foreign names in Romania. We have the name Rozmarin here, not the most common name but we have it.

Yeah I saw some comments some time ago in the VSFS thread haha :rofl:

I think a lot of European languages have a name a bit similar to Roosmarijn (Romarin in French and German, Rosemary in English, Rosmariini in Finnish). I think the hardest part of her name is the IJ, since only Dutch and Norwegian (and maybe some other Scandinavian countries) have the exact  [ɛi] sound. Also some people think the name looks manly because it ends in a consonant (kinda weird since for instance Meghan also does but I've heard people saying it about similar names before).  I don't think she or her agencies really care about pronunciation and stuff tho :)

I dont get it. her surname is not unheard of in Netherlands or even in France. :idk:

That's true! Quite a lot of people have that name. I looked it up, around 25 000 people in the Netherlands are named (de) Kok. 

I think they just though "well it sounds like cock let's change it" but then changed it back when they realised Lamijn sounds worse haha, and I'm happy she is Roosmarijn de Kok again!

And thanks for the latest! :hug:

:hug:

Found the photos from the C'est Ma Robe shoot specially for Couture PFW15!

Photographer Federico Guendel

Roosmarijn (Oui Management)

MUH by Sarah Young

Styled by Sophie Ostrowski

Clothes by Pierre Henry Bor

MQHiOVWk.jpg mxLoQbcl.jpg 5kofjhhi.jpg 8MUwlf7v.jpg low0OLOH.jpg wzMHGfbs.jpg mi4KtPan.jpg

I don't know if this is the full shoot since the C'est Ma Robe clothes aren't that visible in these images as compared to the behind the scenes (posted some posts up). It's a lovely shoot though :wub:

Edit: according to the photographer's instagram this was a test shoot but he seemed positive, so maybe more photos will follow :)?

The final photos from Jørgen Gomnæs :clap: ! This was listed as an editorial on his website but it doesn't state what for.

Makeup by Dariia Day, Hair by Mike Desir. 

pKm4sAO8.jpg bfDkpu8J.jpg 4CZmC0ID.jpg obEs3Us9.jpg

Love this shoot (except for the weirdly applicated makeup). BTW compared to the behind the scenes photo above you can see some pimples/blemishes that have been removed, even Roos isn't flawless ;)