Bellazon

Alyosha Kovalyova
Thumbnail

• 3 weeks later...

Vandals Magazine Issue 2

It’s not often that we get all of our models in the same room, let alone the same spread. For issue 2 of Vandals Magazine, Ford Image’s Miriam, Joanna, Alyosha, Kate, Iesha, Emily and Lexi are lensed by photographer Chad Moore for an exclusive Ford editorial. Spread across 10 pages with a lo-fi vibe, these girls shine as the new generation of Ford.

post-40197-0-1446079521-20625_thumb.jpg post-40197-0-1446079521-23644_thumb.jpg post-40197-0-1446079521-2615_thumb.jpg post-40197-0-1446079521-27012_thumb.jpg post-40197-0-1446079521-28451_thumb.jpg post-40197-0-1446079521-30022_thumb.jpg post-40197-0-1446079521-33096_thumb.jpg

Model Alyosha Kovalyova on Vintage Shopping and the Music That Gets Her Motivated

Name: Alyosha Kovalyova
Hometown: Astrakhan, Russia
Agency: Ford Models

What three words describe your style?
Definitely out there.

Who are your favorite designers?
It depends on my mood! Some days I favor minimalistic designs, and other days I like more avant-garde clothes.

Where do you like to shop?
I love vintage stores! I could spend all day on the Lower East Side, popping in and out of different boutiques.

What's your first fashion memory?
My grandmother had this beautiful polka dot dress, and whenever I think back on our time together, my mind always dresses her in it. I adored her and still find myself looking for the dress whenever I go shopping! I haven't found the perfect match yet, but I really hope to recreate her look one day.

Tell us about your coolest career moment.
This is my first season modeling in New York, so arriving in the city and meeting my team has been my favorite moment thus far! There is so much I want to do, and landing here felt like the first big step towards achieving my goals.

What's the best thing about modeling?
Traveling! It's actually the best and worst thing. I love that I have the chance to see so many amazing places, but it can be stressful, especially when you don't speak the language.

What music's on your iPod right now?
Kurt Schwitters on repeat—it's such great get-up-and-go music.

What's the last concert you went to?
The last concert I went to was actually my very first concert at Madison Square Garden! I saw Sigur Rós.

What book are you reading?
I'm reading a book of poetry and Polaroids by Andrei Tarkovsky.

teenvogue