Bellazon

Charlie Bredal
Thumbnail

wendylorene

March 8, 2013
i-Profile: Charlie Bredal Hailing from the land of sweet treats and tall blondes, Charlie Bredal is the Scandinavian covergirl of the The Alphabetical Issue.

She doesn’t look quite like anyone else, apart from perhaps sharing the same high cheekbones as a young Penelope Tree, Charlie has a look all her own, a face to take her places! With eyes like small pools, a natural, unavoidable pout and poker straight tresses down to her waist, she’s the other-worldly beauty breaking hearts from the moment she stepped into the fashion world wearing a blue, bejewelled Maison Martin Margiela mask. She’s 18 and just getting started but she’s already caught Hedi Slimane’s eye, having walked in his debut Saint Laurent runway show, and landed her first cover with i-D alongside the fashionably established Cara, Codie, Magda and Louise. Born and bred in Denmark and headed nowhere but up, we get the low-down from Charlie on what goes on behind the scenes.

Do you have a nickname? Usually people just call me Charlie, because it already sounds a lot like a nickname. But sometimes my friends call me Char.

How long have you been growing your hair? I’ve always had long hair actually. When I was little my mom cut my hair short. Later on when I was about 12 I wanted some change and got the short hair again. I hated it. I let it grow out and tried a fringe a couple of times since. The fringe started to annoy me a lot, so I let it grow out again and I’ve had this hair ever since.

Would you ever cut it? As it looks right now – no. I never had thicker and longer hair, plus it makes me feel very feminine.

Describe your perfect date. In my belief a perfect date is when feelings are involved. When I’m with my boyfriend – any date is a perfect date. I think a night on the couch in sweatpants, no make-up and a good movie is just as romantic as a dinner in a fancy restaurant.

What’s the last thing you listened to on your iPod? I’m totally obsessed with Frank Ocean, and ever since his latest album came out I’ve been listening to it on constant repeat. The last thing I listened to was ‘Novacane’. It’s a pretty uncensored song, but I’m really hooked on it.

Say something in Danish. What did you say? Hygge! It’s a word that is similar to cosy. It’s actually pretty indefinable in other languages. In my mind hygge is happiness, it reminds me of Denmark and the ones I care about.

Could you see through Margiela’s SS13 couture mask at Paris Fashion Week? Surprisingly yes! When I first saw the mask I was amazed by the beautiful and original idea, but then I began to wonder how Margiela had managed to make it possible to see anything through the mask. When I got it on I could see fine through it, and I really loved the look.

What would you be doing if you weren’t modeling? When I was a kid I wrote a lot of stories, poems and diaries on a daily basis. I knew in a very early age that I wanted to write, and when I got older journalism and fashion started to catch my attention. I would probably be in some kind of fashion magazine.

What was it like working with Cara, Codie, Magda and Louise on the i-D shoot? It was so much fun! It was my first editorial and cover, so I was really nervous by the thought of working with so established and beautiful girls. Luckily I got more relaxed when I discovered how nice and professional they all were.

Any last words? Random facts: Birds creeps me out. My brother is my best friend. I always wear rings.

post-56515-0-1446149865-79325_thumb.jpg post-56515-0-1446149865-80169_thumb.jpg post-56515-0-1446149865-81494_thumb.jpg IMG_3384.png post-56515-0-1446149865-8226_thumb.jpg Sk_rmbillede_2011_12_13_kl_22_12_59.png post-56515-0-1446149865-82981_thumb.jpg

i-donline.com

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...