Bellazon

One Name Model Threads

modelknowledge

There needs to be some kind of rule about posting one name models in the fashion thread. I think its okay to post one named models if it meets the following criteria:

1. Must have an agency, unless its a vintage model with an odd name.

2. Must have actually photos not just Polaroids.

3. Must have at least one ad, catalog work, tearsheet, or runway show

I say this because I am one of the few people who actually tries to find these girls names or I get requests from a member to do so.

A while ago I went through the whole forum trying to give full names to all the threads. There were so many duplicate threads as a result. Gio Ott had 2 threads one with her full name and one with just Gio. Guys, Gio is not a normal girls name. Neither is Ainsley Mcwha, yet her thread went untouched for three years because there wasn't a full name.

Most of the time, no one post in a one name thread. You might get an initial she's nice but more often than not the creator posts a few pictures and abandons the thread. Why? Because you are most likely going to forget a model with one common name like Laura. That's why so many models change their names to something weird.

We have to do something because a lot of what is done in the fashion forum makes it harder for the moderators to do their job on here. One name threads create duplicate thread and eventual name changes.

So before you start a one name model thread, go to:

http://www.bellazon....e-model-thread/

You never know someone might be able to find their name, their agency, or even other photos.

Otherwise, we have threads like this:

http://www.bellazon..../29740-ginny-g/

Who is she? Did she ever have an agency? Or was she someone who posted her profile in the I want to be a model section of models.com. Perhaps, this girl is in the model id section unidentified. If she isn't a real model, should she have a thread here? These are the questions the moderators debate because we (the members) are too lazy or too proud to ask or find the information necessary to have a good thread.

So you guys can debate this and figure out if my bolded terms are the best way to proceed We have to do something because one name threads create a lot of unnecessary work for mods. Like I said, I don't think we should ban them. I just think we have to be more responsible about them. There are a couple of people on here who add one named models and really stay on top of the thread until they can find their full name but there are others who don't. I understand sometimes we forget about threads we start but we need to some kind of system.

• 1 year later...

Guys, it is so important that we place proper biographies with agencies in a models thread. Models who don't have proper bios should be deleted. It's the only way to get people to stop being lazy in this forum. There are so many threads that are neglected because of this. Also, its the reason why we have so many duplicate threads. Can we start doing something about this.