Bellazon

Manon Leloup
Thumbnail

Baby.Jude9

An interview with Paris Cherie:

Manon Leloup started modelling four months ago, when she joined the most famous agency in Paris, Marilyn. She’s in the best company here – Marilyn represents the world’s leading models, including Kate Moss. The highlight of her career, was walking the runway for Chinese designer, Masha Ma’s first Paris collection, in March.

Q. How were you discovered?

When I was 14, I went to a fashion show for young designers in Lille, a city north of Paris where I lived. I was wearing men’s baggy jeans and a girl from a local model agency, called Exception, came up to talk to my mother. She told her I had ‘potential’. My attitude then was, I didn’t like fashion and it was not my style to be a model. A few years later I realise the job is cool, interesting and you meet fabulous people. It also has links with cinema which I love. Three years later, it’s really the job I want to do.

Q. What is your diet and exercise regime?

I don’t like sport and I walk a lot in Paris - so that’s my exercise. I’m really French in the way I eat. I love food and eat everything I like – but never too much of anything. I do eat a lot of vegetables. I often have wine with dinner, I think it’s healthy – but only one glass. I don’t snack on chocolate. If I do, it’s just a little.

Q. How do you look after your skin?

I like a healthy and natural look and barely wear make-up, just mascara and concealer under my eyes. I use clear lip balm – never shiny. I constantly hydrate my skin with moisturiser. Always in the morning and at the end of the day. Always after a photo shoot. I never, ever forget to clean my skin every evening, even if I’m not wearing make-up. I drink a lot of water, it’s just so positive. It hydrates the skin, makes it wonderful.

Q. What’s your personal style?

It’s boho-rock. I like to mix motor-bike boots with long, flowing skirts, a big leather belt and an elegant leather jacket. The belt makes it romantic. I love vintage clothes because you can find something authentic. I like to know that what I’m wearing, is only for me. When you buy vintage, it’s unique – no one else has it. Sometimes I buy a long dress and cut it to make it shorter, so I don’t look like my grandmother. I don’t care about big name brands. I look for good shape and I like to see the character of the clothes.

Q. What’s a typical day during fashion week?

It depends on the season. During the fashion shows it’s totally buzzy. I did my first shows this season. They included Limi Feu (Limi is the daughter of Yohji Yamomoto) and Masha Ma. They’re young designers, I want to feel comfortable before I do the big shows. I race everywhere on the metro, while the ‘big’ girls, who might do 14 castings a day, have drivers. I’m not in that league yet. I’m waiting for my big break! I get the list of appointments for castings at 7pm the evening before, by email. I find my map and plan the day ahead. My phone has a map – I love that. I always take time for breakfast and have a typical French breakfast with orange juice, tea, bread, butter and jam.

post-36965-0-1446054095-59695_thumb.jpg post-36965-0-1446054095-61216_thumb.jpg post-36965-0-1446054095-62497_thumb.jpg post-36965-0-1446054095-65637_thumb.jpg

post-36965-0-1446054095-68537_thumb.jpg post-36965-0-1446054095-74604_thumb.jpg post-36965-0-1446054095-8645_thumb.jpg post-36965-0-1446054095-8795_thumb.jpg

parischerie

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...