Bellazon

Tina Caspary
Thumbnail

COP11

Tina Caspary (born December 28, 1970) is an American actress, dancer and choreographer. She gained moderate attention in the late 1980s with Can't Buy Me Love.

Early life

Caspary grew in Southern California and has worked in every facet of the entertainment industry. She developed a vivid interest in dancing at a very young age, influenced by her mother, Brenda. She is the older sister of choreographer/dancer Dee Caspary and is now married to Ryan Cyphert.

Career

In the mid to late 1980s she had many minor roles in teen movies. Her first role was as a dancer in the 1982 movie Annie. In Combat Academy (also known as Combat High), Caspary starred alongside George Clooney. She also appeared on the TV series Silver Spoons in 1985.

In December 1986, the then 15-year-old Caspary was cast as Kelly Bundy on the Fox sitcom Married... with Children. However, she was soon after replaced by Christina Applegate. The show's producers felt Caspary's acting didn't fit the role. The pilot episode of the show was taped on December 12, 1986.

In 1987, Caspary was nominated for the Young Artist Award in the Exceptional Young Actress Starring in a Television Special or Movie of the Week category for the 1986 TV movie News at Eleven, also starring Martin Sheen. Later that year, she landed a minor, yet important role in Can't Buy Me Love (alongside Patrick Dempsey and Amanda Peterson), resulting in a nomination for the 1988 Young Artist Award in the Best Young Actress in a Motion Picture - Comedy category.

In 1988 Caspary starred in Mac and Me, which now has a cult following. For that movie, she received her third Young Artist Award nomination in early 1989.

Caspary had a major role in My Mom's a Werewolf in 1989. The same year she starred in her last movie to date, Teen Witch alongside actors Robyn Lively and Dan Gauthier. After that movie, Caspary quit acting and focused on her career as a dancer. She has appeared in music videos of Red Hot Chili Peppers and Reba McEntire. She was a principal dancer on the Academy Awards for five years with Debbie Allen and she has also done television commercials. In 1996, Caspary launched a line of dance clothing called Katrina Activewear. Today, Tina Caspary and her husband Ryan Cyphert are also part of the faculty of SHOCK the Intensive, a one-day dance incentive

Filmography

1982 Annie Dancer as Tina Maria Caspary

1985 Silver Spoons unknown episode

1986 News at Eleven Gretchen Kent TV movie

Combat Academy Mary Beth TV movie

The Thanksgiving Promise 1st Girl TV special

1987 Totally Minnie Dancer TV special

Growing Pains Jamie "Choices" (Season 2, Episode 11)

Married... with Children Kelly Bundy 1 episode (unaired pilot)

Can't Buy Me Love Barbara Alternative title: Boy Rents Girl

1988 Mac and Me Courtney as Katrina Caspary

1989 Day by Day Linda 1 episode, as Katrina Caspary

My Mom's a Werewolf Jennifer Shaber as Katrina Caspary

Teen Witch as Tina Marie Casapary

post-37737-1307396418_thumb.jpg

post-37737-1307396422_thumb.jpg

post-37737-1307396428_thumb.jpg

post-37737-1307396432_thumb.jpg

post-37737-1307396437_thumb.jpg

post-37737-1307396441.jpg

post-37737-1307396445.jpg