Bellazon

News & General Discussion

Capt Snow

I have both of those Audi mags, but the older one, the one with Ana the other girl and the little Alien guy, I don't think I want to rip up. That other one I might scan. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

cant say i blame ya about not ripping up the mag. *sigh* i really wish i had a scanner.

Old, but interesting

ROCAWEAR CATCHES THE VIBE: Rocawear's fall advertising campaign, starring the brand's co-founder Jay-Z, launches in September books, but only Vibe magazine will feature a whopping 24-page insert in its September fall fashion issue dubbed "The Juice Issue." The ad campaign, entitled "We Run the Strip," is the first to showcase the multiplatinum hip-hop phenom.

"[This ad] makes a very public statement about the direction of Rocawear and the return of Jay-Z in a more hands-on way," said Kenard Gibbs, president of Vibe. "This is a very visible way of getting the message out. The brand remains aspirational, but retains its street cred." In addition to Jay Z, the ads will feature Roc-A-Fella artists Memphis Bleek, Teairra Mari, Young Gunz and nine-year-old Christopher Wallace Jr., better known as the son of the late Christopher "Notorious B.I.G" Wallace.

"The resemblance is chilling," noted Jameel Spencer, chief marketing officer for Rocawear.

The concept "We Run the Strip" is a double entendre, said Spencer. "In fashion, the strip is the runway, but in the urban setting, the strip is the street," he said. The campaign, shot by Mark Seliger in Los Angeles, features models Ana Beatriz and Jessica White flanked by recording artists posing on gritty street corners, with Jay Z poised in a director's chair. "He's not in every shot, but he was actually directing every shot," Spencer said.

Jay-Z, Vibe and Rocawear will commemorate the partnership tonight with a party at the Lowe Gallery in Santa Monica, Calif. And with all the speculation over Rocawear's ownership, the question is: Will Damon Dash and Rachel Roy make an appearance, too

source: WWD

• 2 weeks later...