Bellazon

Edie Campbell
Thumbnail

KURTISS LLOYD PHOTO DIARY - FEBRUARY 2011

edie_feb11_kurtisslloyd_1.thumb.jpg.bc69ca77fa3df5da26fae38bb1966b34.jpg edie_feb11_kurtisslloyd_2.thumb.jpg.50967886c956dd475d5b6d6c12206c5a.jpg 

Edie Campbell 

Meeting me outside the Burberry Show, Kensington Gardens

I first photographed Edie three years ago. I'd picked up my first camera only months before and I've always remembered how nice it was of her to do that. Three years on and I couldn't be more grateful. I find Edie so naturally kind and thoughtful - I can't emphasise more how lovely I think she is.

Edie has delicate features, child-like and soft, with eyes Bambi would be proud of.

Two rolls of film later, my camera decided to eat the film and not take photographs, but in that small amount of time we were able to chat a bit and found a nice tree in Kensington Gardens to stand under.

edie_feb11_kurtisslloyd_3.thumb.jpg.e5a98f04a649ef32438bb983e5dbeade.jpg edie_feb11_kurtisslloyd_4.thumb.jpg.81fc4766c4fa4040883adecf7b8f7120.jpg edie_feb11_kurtisslloyd_5.thumb.jpg.3655211795d0cbc050372c51794b6674.jpg 

BRITISH VOGUE - 22 MARCH 2011

Edie Campbell has been giving us lessons in how to do a turn on the catwalk

"My agent still gets me to practice my walk now," she tells us. "I say 'Actually I've been walking for 18 years I can walk ok' but then they go 'You'll be the one moaning when you don't get booked for any big shows', which is fair. The way we're told to do it is, tense your stomach because that makes you walk straight, hold your head straight and then cross one foot over another. Together it sometimes makes you want to lean back so that's why models can look a bit pregnant when their doing their walk. It's not a massively natural way of moving."

Campbell, who this season walked for Chanel, Cacharel, Hermes and Burberry, played down her own model walk.

"I would say I lump down the catwalk more than anything," she says. "There are all these amazing Amazonian Brazilian creatures and then there's me skulking down after them."

Currently the face of Anya Hindmarch, the 18-year-old model is a big fan of Karl Lagerfeld. “He's very approachable - way more than you'd think," she explains. "He's very hands on. He knows how he wants the clothes to look and is always really busy backstage, adjusting the clothes on you. He has a really clear idea about how he wants the collection to be seen, which I guess is the point."