Bellazon

Serena Williams
Thumbnail

Qball

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Serena Williams is on the cover of Teen Vogue‘s latest issue

Here’s what the tennis superstar had to share with the mag…

On her next challenge: “In my next challenge, I definitely want to learn how to do some coding. I think that is really important for me, especially in my business, because my fashion brand is all online. It’s never too late to start. That’s something I want to do.”

On how she manages her day to day: “Honestly, I don’t know. I go to bed every night thinking, How did I get through this day? I’m sure a lot of people out there can relate, right? It’s like, this day is over, it’s 10 o’clock, I got through it. How did that happen? … I’m training on top of running this fashion company, on top of being a full-time mom. I’m super hands-on as a mom. I just take it as it is and realize that everyone goes through the same thing.”

For more from Serena, visit TeenVogue.com.

serena-williams-teen-vogue-01.jpg serena-williams-teen-vogue-02.jpg serena-williams-teen-vogue-03.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Serena Williams and Roger Federer went head-to-head on day four of the 2019 Hopman Cup on Tuesday afternoon (January 1) at the RAC Arena in Perth, Australia.

The tennis pros, both 37, played each other for the first time during their mixed doubles match where Roger teamed up Belinda Benic and Serena played alongside Frances Tiafoe.

roger-federer-defeats-serena-williams-in-mixed-doubles-tournament-01.jpg roger-federer-defeats-serena-williams-in-mixed-doubles-tournament-03.jpg roger-federer-defeats-serena-williams-in-mixed-doubles-tournament-04.jpg roger-federer-defeats-serena-williams-in-mixed-doubles-tournament-09.jpg roger-federer-defeats-serena-williams-in-mixed-doubles-tournament-10.jpg roger-federer-defeats-serena-williams-in-mixed-doubles-tournament-11.jpg roger-federer-defeats-serena-williams-in-mixed-doubles-tournament-12.jpg roger-federer-defeats-serena-williams-in-mixed-doubles-tournament-14.jpg roger-federer-defeats-serena-williams-in-mixed-doubles-tournament-15.jpg roger-federer-defeats-serena-williams-in-mixed-doubles-tournament-16.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Serena Williams is on the cover of Allure‘s Body + Mind issue, out on newsstands on January 22.

On how family encouraged and prepared her to love herself even under the (sometimes cruel) scrutiny of the public eye: “Venus and I started out being successful, continued to be successful, and we were also unapologetically ourselves. We were not afraid to wear braids. We weren’t afraid to be black in tennis. And that was different…I think my mom instilled in us to be confident women, to really believe in ourselves, be proud of our heritage, our hair, and our bodies. That was something that was really important for her to teach us. I’m definitely teaching it to my daughter.”

On what she would she tell her daughter, Olympia, about beauty: “When I tell her she’s beautiful, I want to teach her that she’s beautiful from the inside. Giving is beauty. Being kind and humble is the ultimate beauty.”

On what she wants her daughter to know about being strong: “I want her to know that being strong is never easy. Not in this world we are living in…standing up for yourself is not going to be easy, but it’s always eventually respected. Those are the people who’ve made a difference in this world, people that stand up for what’s right. If you look at history, those are the people that you really remember. And at the time, oh, my God, it seemed impossible.”

For more from Serena, head to Allure.com.

serena-williams-allure-2019-01.thumb.jpg.7edaf71c0f5265344398ac146fa570ac.jpgserena-williams-allure-2019-02.thumb.jpg.9c7354b53b37bff799f9281035bebd1d.jpgserena-williams-allure-2019-03.thumb.jpg.3debdf2c461e20247d18fb537e6de08e.jpg

serena-williams-allure-2019-04.jpg serena-williams-allure-2019-05.jpg serena-williams-allure-2019-06.jpg

• 3 weeks later...