Bellazon

Heidi Klum

Guest MissIsabella

Translation of a German article:

http://www.express.de/servlet/Satellite?pa...d=1176028067205

20 April 2007

Infection! Heidi Klum with an eye patch

post-2141-1177353899_thumb.jpg

What is going on with our Model Number 1? Heidi Klum on Thursday evening appears on her Pro7 show "Germany's Next Top Model":

She wears a large, black eye patch over her right eye. The contestants are totally shocked.

Heidi tried to calm everyone: "Please do not be alarmed. I have an eye infection."

In spite of the eye illness, Heidi remained very cool and moderated the show with sovereignty.

By the way... [article reveals who was kicked off the show and who remained].

From Heidi's own website:

The Eye Patch

That was no fashion stunt. I had an infection in my eye and there weren't many possibilities to relieve it. I decided to wear the eye patch styled after a half bra.

Judging by her appearance in Las Vegas last Friday, she must be completely healed now.

Transcript from CNN's "Showbiz Tonight" from 29 December 2005

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0512/29/sbt.01.html

(thanks to supermodelKK for the find)

Hollywood`s Obsession with Weight: Thin is In; Celebs Turn to Surgery to Lose Weight; Jane Fonda Opens up on Eating Disorders

[segments on Lindsay Lohan, Paula Abdul, Jane Fonda, Oprah, Jamie Lynn Discala, and others]

ANDERSON: So how did Heidi Klum go from the delivery room to the catwalk in -- get this -- just two months? We caught up with Heidi backstage at the Victoria`s Secret fashion show. We`ll hear how this supermom got back into supermodel so quickly, next on SHOWBIZ TONIGHT.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

ANDERSON: Imagine having a baby and getting back to work in just a few weeks. Well, many moms do it. But then again, many moms don`t have to strut their stuff out there on the catwalk like supermodel Heidi Klum. CNN`s J.J. Ramberg is here for SHOWBIZ TONIGHT with that story.

Hi, J.J.

J.J. RAMBERG, CNN CORRESPONDENT: Hi there, Brooke. Well, one of the biggest names in modeling -- you said it, Heidi Klum -- had a brand-new baby boy only two months ago. And with barely any time to sleep like many moms, let alone exercise, unbelievably she`s already back on the catwalk and strutting her very, very hot stuff. So how did she do it? She told it only to SHOWBIZ TONIGHT.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

RAMBERG (voice-over): She`s a supermodel and a super-mom. Heidi Klum, a proud mother of two, with singer Seal.

HEIDI KLUM, MODEL: One is a year and a half, and one is two months.

RAMBERG: In September, the latest edition to their family, Henry. In this week`s "People" magazine, the world got their first glimpse of the entire happy family.

KLUM: It`s a lot of diapers, and a lot of crying, and a lot of bottles, and lot of pacifiers. Stuff everywhere, basically.

RAMBERG: It`s a busy time for any new mom, but imagine if, only a few weeks after having a baby, you had to do this.

That`s right. Heidi Klum got straight back to work for one of the biggest Victoria`s Secret fashion shows of the year.

KLUM: I was in a bra and underwear mode, you know, basically right after I, you know, had the baby in my head, but my body was just not there yet.

RAMBERG: She had only a few weeks to get ready for her strut down the catwalk.

KLUM: I waited the first five weeks to, you know, take it easy a little bit and take care of myself. And then I started, you know, working out with David.

RAMBERG: David is this guy, David Kirsch, celebrity fitness and wellness coach.

DAVID KIRSCH, CELEBRITY FITNESS AND WELLNESS TRAINER: Sculpting, and toning, and lifting, and reducing. And, yes, it`s definitely a work of art.

RAMBERG: At the end of her pregnancy, Klum told "People" magazine she weighed 167 pounds, pretty normal for an expecting mom.

KIRSCH: I worked on her diet, first and foremost. You know, when you have a baby, you`re going to carry a little more weight. She`s nursing. So we really cleaned up the diet. There was no more corn on the cob. That was a big thing.

RAMBERG: Heidi had a few things to trim from her diet.

KLUM: For me, it is carbs. I`m from Germany, so I eat a lot of potatoes. I had to totally cut that. No bread in the morning and no French fries. So, you know, just eating healthy helps a lot.

KIRSCH: My protein shakes, a lot of egg whites, a lot of eating every few hours, good grains, spinach, broccoli. This was all about giving her a little extra confidence. Physically, she`s beautiful.

RAMBERG: Beautiful inside and out.

KLUM: Well, you know, I feel very good about myself. You know, I`m a mother. I have two children. That for me is the most important thing. And the runway comes second, you know, after everything, you know, that I have in my life right now.

Do I look the same how, you know, some of the 20-year-old girls look today? No, I don`t, but I`m still very happy with myself.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

RAMBERG: Heidi Klum`s trainer, David Kirsch, has helped other supermodels stay in catwalk-ready shape, as well. His client list also includes Linda Evangelista and Naomi Campbell -- A.J.?

HAMMER: J.J., thanks very much. CNN`s J.J. Ramberg for SHOWBIZ TONIGHT. We appreciate it.

Well, that is it for this special edition of SHOWBIZ TONIGHT on Hollywood`s obsession with weight. I`m A.J. Hammer in New York.

ANDERSON: I`m Brooke Anderson in Hollywood. Everyone, stay healthy out there and stay tuned for the latest from CNN Headline News.