Bellazon

Marcelo
Thumbnail

madristar

Highlights from the interview with Cuatro (via unamadridista)

- the last song I’ll listen to before the derby is Lil Wayne’s “Six Foot, Seven Foot” (I love the accent!).

- a derby is a derby, no matter what positions the teams are in. It’s going to be a difficult game, and Madrid likes to play games like that.

- I celebrated my goal against Atleti by imitating the dance of a crab in Brazil.

- I’ve been to Cibeles two times with Madrid; it was a wonderful, great thing. We’ll give everything we’ve got in order to return.

- I speak the most with Pepe; I don’t know if it’s because of the language. I’m always with Pepe and with Cris, and sometimes with Kaká. Cristiano is the best in the world both on and off the field. He’s a “top” guy.

- Casillas is a captain, not a sheriff. He’s also a “top” person (“top” is Marcelo’s favorite word).

- there are people who want to destroy the good relationship we all have. We’re very united, all of us – Spaniards, Portuguese, Germans, everyone…

- Mourinho doesn’t need to change anything about him. But others should change the way they perceive him. We see him as a father, who defends us to the death, who always sticks up for us.

• 2 weeks later...

Marcelo at Punto Pelota

The irresistible Marcelino was the guest on Punto Pelota last night, and he didn’t stop fidgeting with the ball or showing off his adorable smile during the entire interview! It’s worth watching just to see Marcelo smile, crack up and laugh. You can really tell that he’s one of the happiest people around. He also gave very amusing answers to the questions too!

Here are the highlights (or in other words, the fun parts that no other interview summaries feel is worth your time). I love the first two.

on getting stopped by people on the street or in restaurants: it’s mostly the children, because I have a baby face.

on the goal “celebration” against Espanyol: I was going to celebrate the goal with the guys on the bench, but since I was so far away, by the time I got there, they had gotten up and then sat down already. I didn’t have anyone to celebrate with, so I asked for water [jajaja!!!]. The goal was dedicated to my family – my wife and son.

on his next goal celebration (a viewer question): you all saw my last one, right? It will be asking for water.

on watching football: I don’t watch football games in general, other than those that I play in. I didn’t see the Arsenal-Barça game because I was at the movies. (What did you see?) I don’t remember what it was called, but it was about a girl who had the dream to be on TV… It was good and I would recommend it [right, it was so good that you can't even remember the title].

on Adebayor: I call him Manu. He’s very nice, a very good person. He speaks a bit of each language. I don’t understand anything. You can tell he’s a very happy guy. The locker room is full of happiness, and he fits right in.

on the team: the locker room is very united, which you can see in the games or the training sessions, with everyone helping everyone else. Everyone jokes around; it’s just not me, Pepe and Cristiano.

on Cristiano: he’s very, very sincere. He doesn’t hide. He’s true to himself [they show footage of Cris in a pink cap, sleeveless shirt, gold chain and carrying a bag from the CR7 line. I don't always like his style, but he has improved a lot!!].

on Mourinho: he’s has given me a lot of confidence, he lets me do what I like.

on his favorite movie: it’s I, Robot.

on Brazil: I miss my friends and the beach from Rio, but I’m very happy here because I’m treated very well.

on his house in Madrid: (they show pictures of his house, including his swimming pool, and ask him if he swims). No, not right now, it’s too cold! I have a dog named Willy. I spend a lot of time at home now, more so than before, because I’m happier staying at home, playing with my son, than going out… My son kicks the ball with his right foot (Marcelo makes a very cute little noise of disapproval. The others tell him there’s still time (Enzo is 15 months old)).

on Pepe: I would renew Pepe’s contract because he’s a very important player for us and because he’s my friend.

on original Ronaldo: for Brazilians, he’s an idol and he’s brought us a lot of joy, and a lot of joy to football as well. Many players want to be like him, but he’s unique. His goodbye was very sad, for the fans and for us footballers.

on the biggest prank he’s pulled on one of his teammates: when we won the Liga, I pulled off Robinho’s underwear on the field, but no one saw it. It was funny because no one saw it.

on the crab celebration (they show it and Marcelo covers his face in embarrassment): It was from a TV show. I was very ugly there.

on his hair (they ask if he will promise to do something if Madrid wins a title, such as cut his hair): no, it took a long time to get it like this.

on Raúl: he was and is an idol for el madridismo. I had the pleasure of playing with him. He was important for us. He was our captain until the very last moment.

on Roberto Carlos: my idol, the best ever, the one who helped me the most when I arrived.

They also show Marcelo some old footage of him scoring while he was still with Fluminense, and he used to celebrate like Hugo Sánchez and Sergio, with somersaults! And in general, they show Marcelo at his most silly and most loco on the field to get his thoughts (and laughter).

I Would Take Pedro From Barcelona If I Could Take Any Player - Real Madrid's Marcelo

Marcelo has stated that Pedro is the quiet key to Barcelona's power...

By Andrew McLean

Brazilian defender Marcelo has heaped praise on Real Madrid's rival club and specifically one of their players, stating the importance of Pedro for Barcelona.

Los Blancos left-back explained that although Pedro is not the one always highlighted within Pep Guardiola's star-studded squad, he believes that the forward is a key player for the Catalans.

"If I had the opportunity to take one player from Barcelona to Real, then I would opt for Pedro," Marcelo told AS.

"He is considered a striker, but does huge amounts of work further back to help his team. There is not very much talking about Pedro, but in fact he is one of the key players for the Catalans."

Pedro has hit top form this season alongside Lionel Messi and David Villa in attack, scoring 19 times for la Blaugrana and more often than not has struck with crucial goals in the league.