Bellazon

Natalia Vodianova
Thumbnail

Evelyn

The wife of a mayor of a small Russian town paid $660,000 to appear in a British Vogue photo shoot with Vodianova and Herzigova; the last look from Valentino's final couture show sold for $880,000; Rustam Tarikov, the head of a vodka firm, forked over $470,000 to choose the name of a newly discovered orchid. In total, the event raised over $5 million for the charity, which builds playgrounds in Russian cities. And Vodianova, who hosted a dinner the night before sponsored by Imperia Vodka, wasn't above stirring rumors in order to get the bidding up. Early in the evening she dismissed speculation she was retiring as a model by saying, "I'm not leaving the catwalk. I'm friends with a lot of designers, and I can't turn them down. But I'll never do a whole catwalk season again."

from Women'sWearDaily.com

I guess that resolves it - she will appear sometimes :drool:

"No end in sight for Russian love affair with fur

Fri Nov 30, 2007

MOSCOW (Reuters Life) - Under the leaden, snow-filled sky of the notorious Moscow winter, commuters rush to work, their heels teetering on ice, and almost every woman -- and a few men -- wear fur.

In a country which suffers long winters where temperatures regularly drop to minus 30 Celsius, fur is viewed as a necessity, and the animal rights activists of the West are nowhere in sight. Perhaps, because they might freeze to death.

'I think it would be fun to put (anti-fur campaigner) Pamela Anderson for a few weeks here in Russia, in Siberia, and see how she is going to try survive. It's impossible,' said Natalya Turovnikova, Russian regional manager of Kopenhagen Fur, the world's largest furrier.

But not everyone in Russia approves of the lust for pelts.

'Consuming is a huge responsibility. Just think about it, when you buy a bag, I don't want to sound depressing but you kill an animal,' Russia's richest and most well-known model, Natalya Vodianova, said.

'I would just like to encourage people, Russian people, to be a conscious consumer like the rest of Europe.'