Bellazon

Jennifer Metcalfe
Thumbnail

Colorado

Heat magazine, June 2011:

Jennifer Metcalfe “Cellulite? I think I look great!”

Jennifer Metcalfe and body pictures go hand in hand. If it’s not her amazing curves getting the attention, it’s snaps of her looking tiny after weight loss. Last year, she also admitted to having had lipo on her upper thighs and bottom. But recently, it’s been photos – taken from behind – of the 28-year-old Hollyoaks star on the beach that have grabbed people’s attention. Mainly because even though she’s a celeb, Jen has the most common body issue: cellulite.

In an exclusive chat with this week’s heat magazine, Jen was all to happy to reveal what she really thinks about the pictures.

She said: “My reaction was just like, “Oh God, that’s a bad angle.” The thing I’m shocked about is that people are saying I have a fuller figure. I haven’t changed dress size in years, apart from when I got too underweight. I’m a size 6-8. If that’s a “fuller figure”, that’s a bad message.”

She added: “The thing is, I have cellulite, yeah, and a fair bit of it. My mum had it and it’s hereditary. But I don’t have it down to the back of my knees like that. I don’t actually look like that. I’m very realistic. If someone takes a bad picture, I’m like, “Oh God, bad picture – move on.” There were some last week of me and Sylvain [Longchambon, her boyfriend and former Dancing On Ice partner] on the beach and I look tiny. Nobody can put on stones and about four dress sizes in seven days. I thought, “Nah, that’s not me.” I’m sitting here in a size 6 jumpsuit and it’s big on me. I go up and down a few pounds but, to be honest, at the moment I’m more on the under side than overweight.”

Asked if she thought they were doctored, Jen said: “Maybe. The main thing is that they’re saying I have a fuller figure. If their definition of a fuller figure is a 22-inch waist, that’s wrong. It’s really wrong.”

Commenting on trying to get rid of her cellulite, Jen said: “I’ve trained so hard before, and my shape changes, but I’ll never get rid of my big butt or my cellulite, so now I just deal with it. I’ve done diets and there’s not that much difference in my body. I’d rather have a life.”

“I feel sexy. I like having a big butt and a small waist, I think it’s interesting. It’s good that I go in at the right places.”

• 2 months later...