Bellazon

Steven R. McQueen
Thumbnail

MauiKane

• 1 month later...
post-20251-0-1446127785-31667_thumb.jpg

'The Vampire Diaries' says goodbye:

Will Michael Trevino and Steven R. McQueen be back?

By

Carina Adly MacKenzie

February 14, 2013

It definitely, definitely wasn't a Happy Valentine's Day for

"Vampire Diaries"fans tonight. Though we've grown accustomed to saying goodbye to beloved characters at the end of every season, we thought we were safe after Kol's demise. Not so much.

In tonight's episode, all was not well in Mystic Falls... or on the mysterious Island where the gang presumed Silas is buried. The episode ended with Tyler (Michael Trevino) leaving town yet again to avoid Klaus' wrath, and Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) presumably drained by Silas after being fooled by Katherine.

So let's break this down.

Of course, Tyler fans are used to saying goodbye to him each spring. In Season 2, he left with a werewolf pack, and in Season 3, he took off into the mountains to break his sire bond. Because "The Vampire Diaries" cast is so big, every character can't be in every episode, and writing Tyler out while he took personal journeys helped make room for other characters to get some face time.

This time, though, it's a different story. The poignant goodbye that he shared with Caroline was more emotional than we've seen them share before, as she begged him to move on, and he promised to be happy, and to forget her.

According to our very reliable sources, this absence will be much more extended than any previous ones. No decision has been made yet as to when or if Trevino will rejoin the cast, and whether it will be in a regular or recurring capacity. A return this season is very unlikely. Tyler and Klaus certainly have some unfinished business to work out, so he could, in theory, pop up as a guest star on "The Originals" spin-off in the future. For now, though, he bows out. If you ask us, it's pretty unfortunate that he leaves running from the man he's been trying to stand up to all season. It's a disappointing way to say goodbye to a character who has come so far and made extraordinary strides.

As for McQueen... things certainly aren't looking good for poor Jeremy. Next week's episode is a pivotal one, and unfortunately, until then, fans will just have to sit tight. Especially now that Jeremy's a hunter, losing him would certainly be a devastating blow. In particular, this will change things for Elena. She has said that her brother is the only thing that keeps her from losing her mind as a vampire, and with the possibility of being cured ripped away from her, Jeremy may be her only remaining connection to humanity.

Jeremy did get some great moments this season, and if this is his send-off, it's a good one. He and Bonnie managed to reestablish their former connection thanks to plenty of shirtless groping (and, fine, some hypnosis at the cabin, but mostly the shirtless groping) and watching him and Elena fight alongside each other to take Kol down was powerful. He died standing up for Bonnie, and that means something on this show.

If Jeremy is, indeed, gone for good -- and Kat Graham has said in interviews that the most significant death since Season 1 occurs in these episodes, so we can assume that -- that leaves us with only 6 regular cast members next season, assuming that "The Originals" gets picked up and Matt Donovan doesn't get out of dodge while he still can. With high school graduation creeping in, that leaves ample opportunity for some new faces in college -- or wherever -- next season.

There's plenty left to discuss about tonight's episode. The vamps learned that there is only one dose of the cure -- and Klaus wanted Rebekah to have it, even over his "blood bag" Elena. We even saw surprise return appearances from Jasmine Guy as Bonnie's Grams and, of course, Katherine. Stefan and Elena even agreed to be friends, after all they've been through together. We'll chat about all this and more in our ConnecTV chat on Friday at 3 p.m. EST. Click on the Watercooler tab in the chat section and join us!

• 3 weeks later...

5 QUESTIONS WITH ANOTHER FALLEN GILBERT. TVD'S STEVEN MCQUEEN

BY DIO ANTHONY

MARCH 28, 2013

post-20251-0-1446127786-12613_thumb.jpg

Steven McQueen is the latest lead character to meet his demise in The CW’s supernatural series,The Vampire Diaries. Fans nationwide are still mourning the loss of Elena’s beloved brother turned dead-people seer, a la sixth sense…turned vampire hunter…turned..well..dead. Forealz this time, y’all.

Check out what Steven had to say about Mystic Fall’s latest tragedy.

1. Did you see this coming or was it a shocker as well to you?

“They told me I was going to have a desire to kill the main character, my sister Elena, and so I figured that that would cause some trouble.”

2. Do you see Jeremy coming back? Someway, somehow?

“Umm, I hope so, maybe in a flashback or somethin’. But they burnt my body so..I think that’s pretty much getting rid of somebody. Light them on fire.It wasn’t until it aired that I was like aww man, this sucks. The cool thing is that everyone on twitter tweeted me and I actually got offered a job that day my death episode aired.”

3. So it hadn’t registered until you saw the episode?

When I read it [the script] I was like okay…they’re burning my body. Trying to think of some magical way that I can come back to life, but maybe I’ll be a zombie, like Frankenstein or somethin’.

4. Was there anything you would’ve liked to see Jeremy do? Or maybe anything you would’ve liked to take on as an actor with him?

The first couple of seasons Jeremy was kind of a wimp. With the last one they kind of had him fighting vampires and manning up a little bit. That was a lot of fun to play. I would’ve loved to see Jeremy in a motorcycle though. They gave Paul Wesley one!

5. Your character was written in the script to begin with. He wasn’t in the books. Was this always in the back of your mind, regarding your fate on the show?

“Did I always have that I’m a four-year-old girl named Margaret in the back of my head? There were some days! [laughs].”

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...