Bellazon

Kaká
Thumbnail

Vanessinha

Galliani: We can't afford Kaka wages

AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani admits a return to the San Siro for Kaka hinges on the Brazilian taking a pay cut.

Kaka was a huge hit at Milan before his mega-transfer deal to Real Madrid in the summer of 2009. Since then, the midfielder's career at Madrid has been largely dogged by injuries.

Speculation in the press is growing that the 28-year-old could look to revive his fortunes on the pitch with a return to the club where he first made his name in European football.

"Kaka's return to Milan? Ricardo earns too much, because in Spain they pay less taxes," Galliani told RaiDue.

"I am sorry that he has problems in Madrid, but to come back to us he would have to drop a lot his salary.

"We can afford the wage of only one [player like] Ibrahimovic."

Meanwhile, Kaka has been hit by a fresh injury blow this week. The midfielder faces a further fortnight on the sidelines after suffering another knee injury.

He had only recently returned to first-team action following eight months out, and he felt another niggle to the same knee which underwent surgery during the match against Deportivo La Coruna at the end of last month. Scans have uncovered an oedema - an accumulation of fluid - on the knee.

Kakà responds to the rumours

Kakà finally answers about “El Pais” rumors on his Twitter account:

@Kaka You can deny now that you have achieved the goal. RT @ el_pais: The top story on our website: Kaka gets tired of Mourinho.

Thanks Sole for the traduction from spanish ;]

So, what do you think? Kakà is very polite, as always, but he didn’t really explain this weird situation...

Kakà is out for 15 days

According to RealMadrid.com, Kakà is injured on his left knee and he won’t be able to play during 15 days…

Following Real Madrid’s 26 February match against Deportivo Coruña, Kaka felt pain on the exterior of his left knee and subsequently an X-ray diagnosis was performed to evaluate the extent of the injury.

Following a complete evaluation including an MRI, which was compared to previous studies on the player, a slight edema on the exterior of his left knee was detected and diagnosed as Iliotibial band syndrome. Treatment includes fitness work in the gymnasium and on the pitch, as well as complementary physiotherapy. The player is expected to miss 15 days and his progress will be monitored.

Kakà reaches 3M followers!

…and almost 6M on Facebook!

Kaka reaches, today, shortly after 16 pm, 3 million followers on Twitter. A record for a football player!

Kaka is currently the second sportsman (in activity) most followed on Twitter, behind the NBA player Shaquille O’Neill (3.5 million followers). He is far ahead his teammate Cristiano Ronaldo.

@Kaka “I just watched the images of the earthquake and Tsunami in Japan. Sad. #prayforJapan”

We are together with u !! RT @riiii_puric: @Kaka The earthquake still continues.But Japan is encouraged by people all over the world including many of the soccer players.Thank you!!

Real Madrid’s Kaka has called for fans to pray for Eric Abidal as players rallied around the Barcelona defender, who has been diagnosed with a liver tumour.

France international Abidal, 31, will go in for surgery on Friday and Kaka was one of many stars to pay tribute to a rival.

“What sad news about Eric Abidal, tumour in the liver!” Kaka, a committed Christian, said on Twitter. “Let’s pray for him. God bless!!”

Real team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo also commented on the news, tweeting: “I hope it all goes well with Abidal, and that he gets back soon.”

Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas, whose team went out to Barcelona in the last 16 of the Champions League and has been linked with a return to his hometown club, said: “Much encouragement and a lot of strength to Eric Abidal. Bad news for football.”

Barca announced the news on Tuesday night. Abidal joined Barca from Lyon in 2007 and has made over 140 appearances for the club in all competitions. Many sports betting sites have stated that they expect Abidal’s season to end prematurely after the operation.

• 3 weeks later...

Kaka © of Real Madrid stands with his teammates during a training session on the eve of their UEFA Champions League quarter final first leg match against Tottenham at the Valdebebas training ground on April 4, 2011 in Madrid, Spain.post-50543-0-1445987152-11703_thumb.jpg

The 28-year-old is disappointed rumours have persisted linking his ankle, thigh and knee injuries with a desire to leave the club.

“My long injury has been seen as a (reason) that I wanted to leave Real Madrid,” the former Sao Paulo and AC Milan player told Spanish newspapers. “There is absolutely no truth to this rumour. I am very happy here, and I want to recuperate and return to my best, winning a lot of trophies with Real.”

Kaka also says he hopes the fans can be “patient” with him as he recuperates. Fortunately, sport betting sites are all in agreement with the fact that the Brazilian’s comeback will be a potentially successful one.

The former Fifa World Player of the Year has been linked with a possible return to AC Milan, as well as cross-town rivals Inter and Chelsea. However, he has again denied all these allegations.