Bellazon

Kaká
Thumbnail

Vanessinha

Kaka: Istanbul was a fluke

Kaka insists Milan’s defeat to Liverpool in 2005 was a mere fluke and the right team won this evening.

The Rossoneri will never get over that loss in Istanbul, when leading 3-0 at half-time they conceded three goals in six minutes to eventually fail on a penalty shoot-out.

When Dirk Kuyt scored at the 88th to make the scoreline 2-1, did Kaka fear a repeat comeback from the Premiership side?

“Absolutely not,” assured the Brazilian. “We knew that if we had played that Istanbul match a thousand times it would not have happened again. So, after tonight’s goal, we knew it would not be the same.”

Kaka is crowned top scorer in the Champions League with 10 goals – four clear of Peter Crouch in second place – and is the hot favourite for the Ballon d’Or.

“I have always said that any personal prizes would come as a consequence of what I did with the team. Today I saw a great Milan.”

KAKA': 'It's all fantastic'

MILAN - Ricky Kakà had this to say about winning the Champions League: 'I am very happy, these are the feelings I am trying to impress. I really wanted to win this trophy and it was a dream to finish top goalscorer.'

KAKA' NAMED PLAYER OF THE SEASON BY UEFA.COM USERS

AC Milan's Brazilian international forward Kaká has been named the Vodafone Fans' Player of the Season after nearly 100,000 uefa.com users voted in the competition.

Talent contest

The 25-year-old, who also finished the campaign as the UEFA Champions League's ten-goal leading scorer, topped a poll which pitted him against AS Roma striker Francesco Totti, Liverpool FC pair Peter Crouch and Steven Gerrard, Manchester United FC prodigy Cristiano Ronaldo, FC Steaua Bucuresti hero Nicolae Dica, Olympique Lyonnais' Juninho Pernambucano and Didier Drogba of Chelsea FC.

Close call

Kaká, who set up Filippo Inzaghi to score the Rossoneri's second goal in Wednesday's 2-1 final triumph over Liverpool FC in Athens, won with more than 25,000 votes from uefa.com users to collect another award from what has been a sensational season. He narrowly overcame United's Ronaldo, who has dazzled with his skills this term, while Dica came in third as Steaua celebrated their return to the UEFA Champions League group stage after a ten-year absence.

Cicinho: Real Madrid can prise Kaka away from AC Milan

Cicinho is backing Real Madrid to land his Brazil teammate Kaka from AC Milan this summer.

The fullback said: "Real has the cash in order to buy Kaka.

"We'll wait for all the leagues to finish, go on holiday and I'm sure talks will be held between Milan and Real Madrid."

"The best thing would be to buy Kaka," concluded Cicinho, "and that Roberto Carlos remains!"

DUNGA: 'Kakà is the best at the moment'

Brazil coach, Carlos Dunga believes that Kakà is the best player around at the moment. He said: Kakà is the best at the moment. Ronaldinho has the potential to return to the top even if Robinho can be up there. Ronaldinho's defect is that he does not have the acceleration to get past opponents.'

KAKA': 'Ancelotti and me have decided our future'

DORTMUND - Speaking from Germany where he is preparing to play for Brazil against Turkey, Ricky Kakà has been talking about Carlo Ancelotti renewing his contract: 'I spoke to the coach. We have both decided to remain until 2011 to win everything with Milan. We have both decided our future.'

Kaka says no to Ronaldinho

Kaka insists that Milan will fail in their bid to sign Barcelona ace Ronaldinho – but he’s hopeful that Andriy Shevchenko could return.

The Blaugrana star has been heavily paired with the Rossoneri over the past few months, while the Ukrainian may be assessing his future after his struggles at Chelsea over the last year.

“I think Milan have moved further away from Ronaldinho if compared to three months ago,” said Kaka in an interview to La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I don’t think he will move here as he seems set to stay at Barcelona,” added the South American.

“As to Sheva, I really hope he comes back. I speak to him often, but unfortunately there are rules in football so you can’t just turn around and leave.

“I am sure he would already be here if the decision was only up to him, but it seems there might be some problems.

“[barcelona’s] Samuel Eto’o is an alternative as he is a great player, but Sheva would have no difficulty in adapting immediately as he knows everyone here.”

Kaka is one of the leading contenders to win this year’s Golden Ball and he admits he didn’t expect to be in the running so soon into his career.

“I was there in 2002 when Ronaldo lifted the trophy during the celebrations for Real Madrid’s centenary. It was an incredible emotion,” explained the 25-year-old.

“I would have never imagined that I would compete for the Golden Ball at my age.

“I haven’t won it yet, but it is flattering to hear that so many important players are suggesting that I should be the winner,” continued the Champions League top scorer.

“My first objective is the Intercontinental Cup. I am aware that the Champions League is more prestigious, but the Intercontinental Cup is especially fascinating for a Brazilian.

“With regards to next season, we will compete with Inter for the Scudetto. This time there will be no point deductions to ruin the championship.”

Boss Carlo Ancelotti recently renewed his contract, which now expires in 2011 just as Kaka’s, and the player confirmed that he has no intention of leaving Milan despite Real Madrid’s courtship.

“I spoke to the Coach and I told him that together we can win everything with Milan. We have chosen our future. Real Madrid can forget about me, at least for now.”

KAKA' HEADS FIFA POLL

Ricky Kakà leads the voting for the world's best player 2007 on the fifa site just as he did on the official uefa site. The Brazilian has polled 48.61%, Park Ji-Sung on 23.58% e Cristiano Ronaldo with 11.20%.