Bellazon

Kaká
Thumbnail

Vanessinha

Wenger: We have no special plans for Kaka

Manager Wenger has revealed that his side have no special plans to deal with AC Milan's Kaka.

The Frenchman says he will not ask his team to man mark the Brazilian forward, but instead employ a zonal system that will cut off supply to the Player of the Year.

Wenger said: "In Italy, what do the teams do who play against Milan? They take Kaka, get him out of the game.

"We will play zonal and will not mark him man to man. We will be faithful to what we do usually.

"We will try to get him out of the game by cutting the connections with him.

"If you kick the great players out of the game, why should people go to watch football?

"Great players make football a bit special, they make it art. If you are there to kill them, it is not acceptable."

Kaká: I'm The New Maldini

After penning a new contract at the San Siro, AC Milan and Brasil star Kaká is targeting a Champions League repeat and the captain's

The recent Ballon d’Or winner, Kaká, is ready to put uncertainty regarding his future behind him and become “a symbol, like Paolo Maldini.”

After committing his future to Milan with his new bumper contract running until 2013, Kaká now wants to be the Rossoneri’s main man.

“I remember last year Milan Channel asked me if I felt ready to say I would remain here for life,” he told the club’s official tv station. “In that instance I didn’t have the right confidence and belief, but today I do.

“Now I can and want to say it – I want to remain Rossonero for the rest of my career and to stay here for life.”

The Champions League triumph of last season appears to have helped the Brazilian playmaker make up his mind about his future. Now, he talks enthusiastically about making a long-term home with his family and speaks with ambition.

“This renewal has charged me up. I am thinking about the future and I know I will stay here, forever in this winning team that always goes out there to get the best. For a player that is a great sensation.

“This is my fifth season at Milan and I want to become a symbol. One day I will be the captain of this club, naturally respecting the hierarchy within the team. This day will come and to replace Maldini will be a great responsibility, but there are others for that role before me and I respect that.

“In a few months I will become a father. Caroline and I are waiting for that moment and it’s all so exciting. Every day she feels something new and special. I accompany her on every appointment and it’s wonderful to know we’ll soon have our first child.

“It would be wonderful to win the Champions League a second time around the same date as the birth of my son. I’m dreaming of a magical spring.”

Part of History

It doesn’t end there, though. The 25-year-old is sure he’ll be feeling the same way in 2013 and hungry for more.

“When my contract expires I’ll be 31 and can picture myself still at Milan in great shape. After all, I have some great examples to follow, like Rogerio Ceni who spent his whole career at San Paolo and of course Maldini.

“I want to be like them. It won’t be easy to reach what Paolo has achieved, but I’ll try to go as close as possible to his statistics. My objectives are to score many goals, win trophies and become part of this club’s history.”

With the crucial Champions League second leg against Arsenal looming next week, Kaká’s thoughts returned to last year when he scored an extra time goal to pip Celtic and spark a winning finale to the European campaign.

“At the end that proved to be an unforgettable night. I hope Tuesday is, too. Arsenal are strong, but in the crucial moments Milan never betray their fans.”

MILAN-ARSENAL

GOALKEEPERS: Kalac, Fiori, Offredi

DEFENDERS: Bonera, Favalli, Kaladze, Maldini, Nesta, Oddo, Simic

MIDFIELDERS: Ambrosini, Gattuso, Emerson, Gourcuff, Pirlo, Seedorf

STRIKERS: Gilardino, Inzaghi, Paloschi, Pato, Kaka.

AC Milan 0:2 (0:2 on aggregate) Arsenal - match report

Scorers: Fabregas 84 (A), Adebayor 92 (A)

Cesc Fabregas performed a goalline clearance and scored Arsenal's late winner, as Milan's defence of the Champions League is ended.

With the first leg ending goalless, the Rossoneri needed a victory to qualify and threw on a trident attack with Kaka and Alexandre Pato supporting Champions League Final hero Pippo Inzaghi. Clarence Seedorf was not even fit for the bench, joining Marek Jankulovski, Serginho, Nelson Dida and Ronaldo on the sidelines. Arsenal made the trip without Eduardo, Tomas Rosicky and Kolo Toure', but Manuel Almunia returned between the posts.

Alexander Hleb blasted well over from distance, but the first real chance on seven minutes saw Pato dribbled past four Arsenal defenders and his left-foot strike was deflected out for a corner off Sagna.

From the resulting spot-kick the ball squirmed all the way through and Cesc Fabregas required a goalline clearance at the near post. The move continued and a cross was pushed off the head of Kakha Kaladze from seven yards.

Almunia rushed out to clear from Pato outside the box and on the counter Abou Diaby curled past the far post. It was mostly Milan in the opening stages and Inzaghi couldn't get enough power on his volley to truly trouble Almunia.

The Rossoneri had a fantastic chance on 19 minutes with Kaka sprinting away from Fabregas and crossing for the unmarked Pato at the back post, but the youngster hesitated and chipped a weak effort straight at Almunia.

Moments later Inzaghi was sent clear on goal by a Philippe Senderos header, but Gael Clichy dived in with a crucial clearance. From the corner Inzaghi's free header was off target.

Oddo held up the ball for Kaka to cut in from the right channel and hit a low snapshot inches past the base of the near post. Alessandro Nesta was struggling with a right thigh injury and passed straight to Emmanuel Adebayor, his strike fingertipped over the bar by Zeljko Kalac.

Hleb was harshly booked for simulation as he fell under a Nesta challenge just outside the box. Arsenal started to come out of their shell and Fabregas cracked a right-foot shot from the D against the bar with Kalac beaten.

Adebayor lost his footing in the box and allowed Gennaro Gattuso to clear, then the Arsenal striker scuffed from another good position. Kaka was clearly not 100 per cent fit yet after his injury worries and opted to pass to Pato rather than aim one of his trademark runs straight at the defence in acres of space.

Milan started the second half in similarly shaky fashion, as a corner came all the way to the back post for Senderos to fire straight at a grateful Kalac.

Pato drilled well wide from distance, but Andrea Pirlo gave the ball away to Adebayor foolishly in the D and Milan were fortunate Emmanuel Eboue' fired wide with only Kalac to beat.

The Rossoneri fought back as a dipping Pirlo free kick bounced just in front of Almunia and he pushed it round the upright with his forearm. Kaka went on a slalom dragging two Gunners behind him and fired wide of the near post, while Pato also shot off target.

Alberto Gilardino replaced Inzaghi and Theo Walcott came on for Eboue', as both sides tried to inject some fresh legs into attack with 20 minutes remaining. A corner was cleared to Oddo, whose snapshot hit Gilardino in front of Almunia.

There was absolute chaos in the Milan box, though. A free kick ricocheted around the area and Kalac used his legs to block Walcott's shot, eventually managing to smother it at the feet of Adebayor.

Pato didn't realise he was on side and a good counter was wasted, but soon after he skipped past Clichy and flashed a left-foot shot across the face of goal with a deflection, though the corner was not given.

Pato attempted an audacious curling shot from the edge of the area and it was easy for Almunia when he should perhaps have passed to Gilardino.

It needed a moment out of nowhere to break the deadlock in this tie and it came from Fabregas. He unleashed a sudden snapshot from 25 yards that may have taken a deflection off Nesta's elbow. on its way past Kalac at the near post.

This meant Milan needed two goals in the last five minutes to qualify, but their heads were down now and Arsenal found it easy to get a second on the counter. Kaladze failed to stop Walcott down the right and he crossed for a simple Adebayor tap-in.

Milan: Kalac; Oddo, Nesta, Kaladze, Maldini; Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Kaka; Inzaghi (Gilardino 69), Pato

Arsenal: Almunia; Sagna, Gallas, Senderos, Clichy; Eboue’ (Walcott 70), Flamini, Fabregas, Diaby; Hleb (Gilberto 89); Adebayor

Ref: Plautz (Aus)

LET’S GET BACK UP

“This team has a great experience and will surely find the strength to get back up and reach the fourth place in the league.”- THE DECLARATIONS OF THE ROSSONERI -

MILAN – These are the declarations of the Rossoneri at the end of Milan-Arsenal 0-2:

ALBERTO GILARDINO:

"Personally I had two very intensive days due to the birth of my daughter, Ginevra, two days full of emotions and I’m sorry for this evening because it would have been the perfect completion. From our part there were all the intentions to reach the next round. We were succeeding and in the second half we tried even more, then came Fabregas’ goal which stopped us completely. It arrived in the less opportune moment, when we were pushing with Kaka and Pato. This elimination surely does not cancel all that we have done in the Champions League, and now we shall re-start already from Sunday against Empoli, with twelve league games, just like we told each other in the dressing room, will be for us like twelve finals because we don’t want to miss this competition next year. There’s a lot of anger, disappointment. Galliani in the dressing room thanks us all especially for all that this group has done in 2007 and even he told us that fundamental games await us which we must prepare in the best way.”

CLARENCE SEEDORF:

“Tonight Milan gave everything, I saw my team-mates play very well and we also held the pitch. We were hoping to hit them towards the end just like they did to us. Surely this is a great disappointment, but now we must be good enough to recover the strengths for a final effort and finish in fourth place in the league. I did not see that they put us too much in difficulty. Milan started out strong and we were forced to face Arsenal in a moment in which we were not too brilliant. I wish them the best and let’s hope that they can win the competition. In the dressing room Galliani used encouragement words both for the team and the coach and we must be very objective because a defeat can happen and not for nothing Arsenal are first in their league. Milan gave everything, more than that we could not do. Now twelve very important games await us for the fourth place.”

KAKHA KALADZE:

“We have lost against a great team, Arsenal played a great game both here at San Siro and in London. They deserved to go through. Unfortunately you cannot always win, now we must work a lot. Adebayor has proven to be a great player who managed to hold the team ahead. They are placed well on the pitch. Milan must now think to arrive in fourth place, we have more days to rest and remain calm to prepare better the league games and find the right path for the fourth place. We had a marvellous 2007, we have won everything.”

KAKA':

“For me it was the first time that I exited the Champions League at San Siro. However these are important moments which help you to grow and I must also thank the fans who were close to use until the end. Arsenal deserved this qualification, they played very well and they were more dangerous than us. This team has a great experience and will surely find the strength to get back up and win the fourth place in the league.”

ODDO:

"My performance doesn’t mean much, even though it was good. We did not play like Milan. We are sorry for the fans and also for us. Arsenal were really good. Now we can understand the merits we had last year, when we were very good and also lucky. In this season we made a bit too many mistakes… and today we as well because we were eliminated. Now let’s think about the league, which we need to get back in Europe. The fans will be sorry and we as much as them, but I hope they remain close to us. It can happen to exit a competition, after many years of success, but there is surely the will to return. At Empoli it will not be easy, also because this defeat will be felt from the psychological level.”

Kaka: Arsenal were the better team

Kaka, the AC Milan midfielder, believes Arsenal deserved their historic Champions League victory in the San Siro on Tuesday night.

The Brazilian was gracious in defeat after Arsene Wenger's team scored twice in the last six minutes to advance to the quarter-finals. Kaka, who recently signed a two-year contract extension to his deal with Milan, conceded the Rossoneri had lost to the better team.

"Arsenal played really well, better than us," he said. "We have struggled up front and we have not been good enough to get a better result. To have gone out of the competition like this is a tough blow. I guess the next few days will be difficult because the Champions League was our main aim.

"Now our aim is to finish fourth in the Serie A standings in order to qualify for the Champions League next season. We must bounce back together in order to overcome this."

The defeat is a bitter pill to swallow for Milan, as they are already out of the race for the Scudetto. City rivals Inter are 18 points clear of the Rossoneri with just 12 games remaining.

However, Adriano Galliani, the club's vice-president, was also optimistic in defeat.

He said: "Arsenal played better in both legs and deserved to go through. They have good midfielders and a great striker in (Emmanuel) Adebayor and we had many players injured or not completely fit. Now we have to aim towards returning to the Champions League but we have won two cups this year and we are the most successful team in the world.

"This is the group we have, this is the coach we have and nothing changes. Berlusconi told us in the changing rooms that you cannot win every time. He is right. We have been unlucky to have met Arsenal in the last 16. This is not the end of an era and nothing has finished. This summer we will change certain players but right now we will think about Serie A. There is no drama."

Kaka, Pato on Brazil's squad for friendly

Kaka and teenage striker Alexandre Pato were among 22 selected by Brazil coach Dunga on Tuesday for a friendly on March 26 against Sweden in London.

Kaka and Pato both play for AC Milan, which was eliminated from the Champions League last week.

Following is the complete roster with club team in parentheses:

Goalkeepers: Diego Alves (Almeria), Julio Cesar (Inter Milan).

Defenders: Daniel Alves (Sevilla), Alex Costa (Chelsea), Juan (Roma), Lucio (Bayern Munich), Marcelo (Real Madrid), Rafinha (Schalke), Leo (Gremio).

Midfielders: Gilberto Silva (Arsenal), Hernanes (Sao Paulo), Josue (Wolfsburg), Kaka (AC Milan), Lucas (Liverpool), Richarlyson (Sao Paulo), Diego (Werder Bremen), Julio Baptista (Real Madrid).

Forwards: Alexandre Pato (AC Milan), Rafael Sobis (Real Betis), Robinho (Real Madrid), Thiago Neves (Fluminese) and Luis Fabiano (Sevilla).

ROMA-MILAN

GOALKEEPERS: Dida, Fiori, Kalac;

DEFENDERS: Bonera, Digao, Favalli, Kaladze, Maldini, Oddo, Simic;

MIDFIELDERS: Ambrosini, Brocchi, Emerson, Gattuso, Kaka, Pirlo, Seedorf;

STRIKERS: Gilardino, Pato, Paloschi.

Kaka: Milan Must Sign Young Players

Milan superstar Kaka has declared that the club must start signing some young players in order to start a new winning cycle at the club.

The Rossoneri’s Champions League exit to Arsenal last week was pained by many as the end of an era for the current squad.

At present eight of Milan’s first choice starting XI are all over the age of 30, and Kaka says that younger players must be bought if a new winning cycle is going to begin.

"Milan has to understand that our cycle is ending and we must begin another one,” he stated.

“The day comes when the end of the careers of many players arrives - even mine.

"We must sign young players who can absorb the winning mentality - over a long period of time - of those who are already here and develop them in the same manner."

Milan face something of a struggle to qualify for next season’s Champions League as they are currently in fifth place in Serie A.

Tomorrow night they travel to the Stadio Olimpico to play in-form Roma in the game of the weekend in the Italian championship.