Bellazon

Emma Watson
Thumbnail

Kakashi51

Daily Mail

W magazine

The 23-year-old channels a sultry screen siren of yesteryear on the cover of the June/July issue of the fashion magazine, in which she admits 'being sexy never really held any excitement' for her

The former child star admitted in the interview that she 'never wanted to grow up too fast,' and made sure her first kiss occurred off a film set.

'I wanted to wear a sportsbra until I was 22!' she said. 'The allure of being sexy never really held any excitement for me.'

'I’ve never been in a terrible rush to be seen as a woman,' added the actress, who was allegedly 'meticulous' about her hair and makeup and 'aware of every frame' during the shoot.

'It was not diva behavior; she was lovely and polite yet exacting,' said W Editor At Large Lynn Hirschberg. 'Perhaps this is how you gracefully transition from child to adult in the global eye: Be bold but never, ever sloppy.'

Emma will appear in the new film The Bling Ring, the true story about a group of money-hungry teens who broke into the homes of various stars, including Lindsey Lohan and Paris Hilton.

The actress plays ringleader Nicki, who is seen doing everything from casually holding a shotgun in her hand to dancing seductively in a smoky club.

Emma said playing the role forced her to go outside of her comfort zone: 'Nicki is so different from me. How do I try and understand a young woman who loves these things so much that she is prepared to commit crimes to have them?

'With Nicki, I was really taking on a character. Some of her lines are so crazy and absurd—making sure she wasn’t a parody was a challenge,' she added.

Emma also had a hard time understanding Nicki's choice of outfits.

'Who wouldn’t love to go to work in Uggs and very low-slung tracksuit bottoms?' said the star. She then joked about Nicki's 'tramp stamp'.

'It's a lotus flower, a Buddhist-like symbol just above her butt crack. Really classy!'

One day on set, Emma asked the costume designer whether they shouldn't do something about her bra strap showing through under a top.

'"No, sweetie—Nicki is all about her bra strap showing,'" Emma said the stylist replied. 'I was like, "right, okay, different mind-set."'

He's old enough to be her father, but Emma also admitted her number one celebrity crush is Kevin Costner.

'I met him in an elevator the other day, and I couldn’t even speak,' she said.

'He said hello, because he is lovely like that, and I couldn’t say anything back,' she added.

post-16808-0-75959100-1368757575_thumb.j

post-16808-0-97806300-1368757577_thumb.j