Bellazon

Esteban Granero
Thumbnail

Nika 777

• 3 weeks later...

Granero: "We played a great game and I am very satisfied with our performance and with the score"

Realmadrid.com / Translation by Michael J. O'Donnell

Marcelo and Granero shared their views on the team's victory over Levante.

Marcelo

"We had to score as many goals as we could to make the return leg easier. Our objective was to start strong and to let Levante know it. We must now rest and return to work after the holidays."

"I am working very hard this season and I hope to keep it up and improve on a daily basis. The holidays will do me a lot of good because I will see my family and I will rest."

"Morata played tonight and I am very happy with how the academy is helping us out. It is very important to them."

Granero

"We were very serious and it made us grow confident. That's why we played a great game. I am very satisfied with our performance and the score. We will have to do our best to win the return leg, forgetting what we did here tonight. Our forwards guarantee many goals for us and they will also try to score in the next game."

I Can Become A Real Madrid Regular - Esteban Granero

Esteban Granero feels he has the ability to make an impact on the Real Madrid first team.

Real Madrid fringe player Esteban Granero feels that he has the ability to become a regular starter at the club.

The former Getafe midfielder has been at the Santiago Bernabeu for 18 months, but his appearances have been limited to cup competitions and substitute outings, remaining on the periphery on the first team.

Speaking about his objectives for 2011, the 23-year-old reckons that, if given the opportunity, he could prove himself to be a regular starter for the capital club and coach Jose Mourinho.

He remarked: “My aim for the year is to work hard for the coach and do whatever the coach asks of me. It is always important to finish the year and enjoy the holiday period with ease and confidence.

“I believe that I can always have a place in Mourinho’s side, but he is in charge of choosing the team and has a career that supports his judgement.”