Thumbnail

saraspain

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Navas desperate for Sevilla return

Sevilla wing wizard Jesus Navas is chomping at the bit to return back to the fold after being troubled by an ankle injury.

Navas went under the knife two weeks ago to cure a bone problem in his ankle but he is not anticipated to return onto the pitch till the new year.

The World Cup winning member with the Spanish national side remarked to AS: "I have wanted to return to action, but I still have strange feeling in the injury. It is still early, and I must wait a further two weeks to see how it progresses."

Navas refused to comment over details of a new contract offered by the Andalucian outfit, insisting: "I am not at all concerned about it. What I want to do is to recover soon, be calm, and help the team."

The flying winger also believed that his country's 4-0 thumping at the hands of Portugal will serve as a blessing in disguise for the European champions.

He added: "It was a good result for them, but Spain had a very good World Cup and next year we will start stronger."