Bellazon

Josephine Skriver
Thumbnail

sarnic

Okay, Sauvage Swimwear contacted me and want me to take down the swimwear photos.

It boggles my mind why a company would not want the free publicity and advertising afforded by having their product images posted to and talked about in a forum that receives tens of thousands of views, and not just random views, but by users who are in the precise demographic that the company is marketing to.  This is exactly how viral marketing works, and it doesn't cost them a cent.  IMHO: crazy on their part.

Okay, Sauvage Swimwear contacted me and want me to take down the swimwear photos.

It boggles my mind why a company would not want the free publicity and advertising afforded by having their product images posted to and talked about in a forum that receives tens of thousands of views, and not just random views, but by users who are in the precise demographic that the company is marketing to.  This is exactly how viral marketing works, and it doesn't cost them a cent.  IMHO: crazy on their part.

Hi guys - the reason we don't want these blown up quite yet, is that we have yet to launch these products.  We sell swimsuits, and we don't have any of these ready to sell.

We love the images and want maximum impact when we can sell the suits- so that is our reasoning.

We obviously can't force anybody to take them down, but we would appreciate it if they were utilized later.

We love Josephine too, and we appreciate the love and free advertising.  

+ if it matters to anybody, we're not corporate - we're a family run business in san diego

- cheers

It boggles my mind why a company would not want the free publicity and advertising afforded by having their product images posted to and talked about in a forum that receives tens of thousands of views, and not just random views, but by users who are in the precise demographic that the company is marketing to. This is exactly how viral marketing works, and it doesn't cost them a cent. IMHO: crazy on their part.

Hi guys - the reason we don't want these blown up quite yet, is that we have yet to launch these products. We sell swimsuits, and we don't have any of these ready to sell.

We love the images and want maximum impact when we can sell the suits- so that is our reasoning.

We obviously can't force anybody to take them down, but we would appreciate it if they were utilized later.

+ if it matters to anybody, we're not corporate - we're a family run business in san diego

- cheers

I see. So... We can't wait when look book will be available :)

Hi guys - the reason we don't want these blown up quite yet, is that we have yet to launch these products.  We sell swimsuits, and we don't have any of these ready to sell.

- cheers

Hi People of Sauvage - Thanks for posting here and clarifying your reasoning, which makes perfect sense!  I've owned a couple of brands myself, and I understand the importance of "impact" and timing when it comes to releasing a new product, or a new line of products for an already established brand.  You haven't lost any fans, and your products, model / photographer choices, and branding are consistently great.  Cheers!